Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

reviews of shops and vendors

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:46 PM
dewittalday

Default reviews of shops and vendors

This is a great forum and I've found tons of useful Mustang information here. I always search before I post a question because I usually find an answer. However, I can not find a forum where people can give feedback of a shop or vendor. Is there a forum specifically for customer reviews of area shops and/or online vendors? There is a forum for vendors and sponsors, but don't see many reviews or feedback.

My suggestion would be to include a forum called "Local Shops & Reviews" and another forum called "Vendor Reviews", both of which could reside under the "Vendors & Sponsors" group.

This could be the structure of the "Local Shops & Reviews":
[ul][*] State (i.e. Texas, California, etc)
[ul][*] By major metropolitan area (i.e. Dallas, Houston, San Diego, Los Angeles, etc)[/ul]
[ul][*] "Other" area (if the shop doesn't fall within 50 miles or so of a major metropolitan area)[/ul]

My expectations would be that users could tell us the name of the shop, where they are located (address), what they wanted done (parts installed, service, whatever), who they talked to, what they were quoted, what they paid, and how their overall experience was. Even some kind of rating system could be incorporated (1 to 5 stars?).

The "Vendor Reviews" forum would be where users can document their experiences with online vendors or even shops that just sell stuff or have an online store. I would expect users to post the name of the online store (web address), what they ordered, how much, how much for shipping, how long it took them to get their stuff, condition their stuff was in when received, and anything else useful about their experience. A rating system could also be used for this forum.

DFWStangs.net has a similar forum, showing a list of Dallas shops that includes some reviews, but it doesn't seem updated or comprehensive (probably because there aren't as many users as there are on here). To see the list of Dallas shops on that website, click "Link", then click "Dallas Shops".

So, is there such a thing here on mustangforums.com? Is this a dumb idea? Did I just volunteer myself for setting this up, since I suggested it? This is just an idea, and details could be worked out.