Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Problem 2006 Stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Mimadbob

Default Problem 2006 Stang

Has anyone experienced dead battery problems with their Mustangs? I have 2006 GT that goes plays dead on a random basis. No obvious problem such as lights left on, cell phone charger etc. I can drive it one day 200 miles and let it sit a couple days and the battery is dead. Grrr. Then my window on the drivers door won't work right until I take it to the dealer and they reflash the computer. The dealer hasn't a clue what's wrong and I am getting tired of this happening. The car is starts fine after the battery is charged and according to the dealer the battery is good. What is going on here?

Bob
Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Problem 2006 Stang

Bob, yes I have experience this problem twice. Not sure what did it, but I ended up buying a battery charger, then charged the battery until it reach 100% and have not had any issued in over a year. Not the same for some other folks. If the search tool is working, which sometimes it doesn't, recommend you do a quick search. Many of us have posted on this issue before.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Mimadbob

Well, I read through all the posts about dead batteries and I don't think there is a clear answer to this problem. It looks like everything from Shaker radios to batteries to unknown electrical gremlins. I do not accept that a new car runs the battery down while sitting for a couiple of days. Ford apparently is in denial about this since they look at me like I am crazy. I refuse to put this on a charger when not in use.... that is rediculous! This is my wife's car and I expect something that is reliable for her. Even the tow truck driver said that this was common with Mustangs. That one hurt a little as the car was going back to the dealer again on the flatbed. I am curious though, as to how many people are going through this with their 2005-2007 Mustangs? Chime in and be counted![&:]

Bob
Old 11-19-2007, 08:31 PM
bklynkid

This is what you do.Start your car let it run remove the battery cable off your battery.If the car stops running your alternator is shot.but if it still runs your battery may have a cell or two that are bad.