Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

MF becoming too streamlined?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default MF becoming too streamlined?

I know recently some people were bitching about the forums being too cluttered with too many sections. Since you have eliminated the 'suspension' and 'performance' sections, I was wondering what your logic is. Are you now supposed to post a Q about suspension in 'general tech'? Individual categories help to keep off topic posts to a minimum, and makes it easier to locate a section you might have a Q with. IMO, you guys are going the wrong direction. This site should be expanding, not condensing.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Amanda
Administrator

Default RE: MF becoming too streamlined?

Suspension posts should go in their appropriate model area. They were put into General Tech for now until we can move them one by one into the appropriate sections. Same with Performance... they should be asked in the appropriate model section such as 5.0 or 2005 4.6... etc...

We are trying to get all the posts into model specific sections... and the questions that have set section go into General Tech. You can ask a suspension question about your 05 in the 2005 4.6L Mustang area... etc...

~Amanda
Old 03-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Way too generalized. The logic doesn't make sense. You are making it more difficult to find a specific answer to a Q, especially for newbies.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Amanda
Administrator

We can break it down to Suspension and Performance (etc) within those sections.

~Amanda
Old 03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

So each category for each individual model of mustang will have a suspension section, a power adder section, a performance section, etc? Could that be too specific, with a lot of sections never seeing posts?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:43 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Personally I like the more condensed direction. It allows a person with a certain model car to see a veriety of information about his/her car without browsing all over the site. A 4.6 owner wants info on a 4.6 suspension, not a Fox body, so he will be asking amongst people with the same model as him/her. The last time I looked, streamline is a good thing, who needs all the bulk? [sm=smiley24.gif]
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

-But if every category for a mustang has it's own set of sub sections, that won't be condensing anything.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Amanda
Administrator

I think that adding Suspension, Performance etc to each model is going too far... I think the more condensed version will work out perfectly. I think that when someone asks a question, they want to get answers from people who know.

~Amanda
Old 03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

For that to work, every type/style of mustang will need it's own individual category. Is that what you are planning on doing?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Amanda
Administrator

No, we are planning on having it engine speific as it is now and people can go to their model and post away.

~Amanda

Quick Reply: MF becoming too streamlined?