Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Not getting Email notification?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It has to be something are your end...i have been getting email notifications within 2-5 minutes on several threads.

Its you IP or some filter YOU have setup somewhere
Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
It has to be something are your end...i have been getting email notifications within 2-5 minutes on several threads.

Well I know for me anyway that I never had a problem until the update? And everything on my end is the same, I get on the forum from 3 different computers (work, hotel, home) so?

Also all other forums I visit work fine?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:21 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat

negative batman.....

i work with computers...i have no problem getting email notifications from any other sites i belong to or run....JMHO its purposely being ignored.... i mena 6 months come on??!!!

i am not the only one either....it seems that others have this issue resolved....

its not my comp...its not time warner (my ip) its not my email filters...cause i dont use em...i just sift thru the spam....

the admins are ignoring me on this issue and have been for some time now.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by phunnyguy
negative batman.....

i work with computers...i have no problem getting email notifications from any other sites i belong to or run....JMHO its purposely being ignored.... i mena 6 months come on??!!!

i am not the only one either....it seems that others have this issue resolved....

its not my comp...its not time warner (my ip) its not my email filters...cause i dont use em...i just sift thru the spam....

the admins are ignoring me on this issue and have been for some time now.
We would have to be aware of you in order to ignore you This is the first I've heard of you having an issue. I checked your CP settings, and you are set up to receive them. I cannot explain why you are not getting them.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i guess ill have to log in and test it out.....i dont notifications for this thread tho ....stilll.....

at any rate i will be around im getting back online full throttle if you will...been a busy summer.....

im also having an issue with the button images in my profile edit area not showing up properly...i can attach a screen shot if you like. can we remedy this?

dam i love your ride....i think i saw it in one of my magazines.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ok i think i have solved this problem...and can offer some help to those sufffering from the same affliction:

not getting email notifications for pms and subscribed threads.

i discoverd this solution with some help from our hosting at the stangpede forums (which i admin) where i was suffering from the same afflicition.

it seems that in the world of the net there have been some changes to email and its processing.

apparently the software that runs these boards and ours has adopted this new technology. as a result of this some hosting companies have made the necessary upgrades to thier email systems and some have not...i guess mine didnt.

however yahoo and gmail have. now if your like me and use outlook and dont want to log into 10 different email accounts, do this:

when setting up your yahoo or gmail account there is a setting that will alllow (not sure on yahoo, but gmail offers this) fwd all incoming mail to the address to another one for you.

use your catch all (regular email in this area) now everything sent to your gmail account will fwd to the one you check regularly. to make sure your gmail account doesnt get filled (do what i do), log in once a month and clear out all of the emails.

im not sure if this will work here but it worked on our forums and im getting all of my notifications..i made the changes here for my gmail account in my user cp on this site and am waiting to see what happens...so if someone wants to reply to this post to help me make sure it would be appreciated...

im work in qa and find bugs in video games and im pretty confident that these steps willl work...none the less...if someone could test reply to this post id be grateful and will let you all know if this fix worked here as well.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

test5
Old 01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ping!

it works ...im back folks

feel free to post this as a solution for those still having this issue. or for those that may have this issue who are new to signing up....

let me know if you need a how to or just want to use the above post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:12 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

feels good to be back...i missed you all
Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

I'm using AOL? So what's the issue now?

Quick Reply: Not getting Email notification?