Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Not getting Email notification?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

please see the above posts it has been resolved...

ipower is the hosting company for my websites and thus email too...they apparently have not adopted the new protocols so by using fwding on a gmail account i can now be kept informed on the threads and topics i subscribe to on here.

i have an email addy that i have been using for years. i use outlook. so i fwd from other addys to that one...its my catchall and its tied to my site and hosting company of said site.

i dont mind having several email addys but i dont want have to log into 10 different emails a day..its easier when it all comes to outlook.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by phunnyguy
please see the above posts it has been resolved...

ipower is the hosting company for my websites and thus email too...they apparently have not adopted the new protocols so by using fwding on a gmail account i can now be kept informed on the threads and topics i subscribe to on here.

i have an email addy that i have been using for years. i use outlook. so i fwd from other addys to that one...its my catchall and its tied to my site and hosting company of said site.

i dont mind having several email addys but i dont want have to log into 10 different emails a day..its easier when it all comes to outlook.
So you're saying that everybody with an AOL Email (such as myself) will have to use some other type of email address and have the emails forwarded?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
So you're saying that everybody with an AOL Email (such as myself) will have to use some other type of email address and have the emails forwarded?
no im saying ipower my hosting company has not made the switch to the new protocols.

if your getting your email notifications then your fine.

if your not....my suggestion is get a gmail account and then in the account set it up to fwd all mail to your regular address.

i dont use aol so im not sure if this is an issue with aol users.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang

yes i have found out that issue also occurs with aol users

please see the following post below for a solution to this issue.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

apparently on the internet there have been some new email protocols invoked in general. the software for the boards has this update.

if you are using aol or another email provider (for instance my main email address is through my hosting for my sites) there is a possiblity that your service has not adopted the new protocols yet, this could prevent you from getting your email notifications for subscribed threads and in some cases people may not get their sign up email.

solution:

1.go to yahoo or gmail and create an email address. (i prefer gmail)
2.once you have created your gmail account, go to the settings/account managment area and there will be a place where you can select to have all email that comes to the gmail account forwarded to another address.
3.place your regular email account address in the box, and check the box that says forward all email from this account.
4.now all of the email that comes to the gmail address will go to your normal address.
5.log into your gmail account once a month to delete the messages this way your inbox does not get full and email bounce.

if you need help setting this up, or have questions please feel free to ask me.

so far i know that aol users and ipower users have this issue.

if you are using another email provider and having this issue they too are likely to not have adopted the new protocols, please follow the steps above to correct the issue.

thanks

phunnyguy

dan
Old 02-22-2009, 01:40 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Worked for me too. Thanks phunnyguy.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

no problem.... it is nice to get my notifications...im busy with a new job and mostly lurking here and on the stangpede forums which i admin....

i will be on more frequently as i get into my new routine with my new gig if you will...

glad i could help...i was missing this forum...

Originally Posted by wingman75
Worked for me too. Thanks phunnyguy.