General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tires question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:55 AM
MustangJessica

Default Tires question

Ok I guess this is where I should post this...

are there any tires for mustangs that provide better traction? Here's the deal. I get scared driving in the rain because twice I have spun my car in a circle when going around a corner. Fortunately everything was ok and I didnt get into a wreck. I've also had difficulty going up a steep hill once when the road was wet. My back tires were spinning, but they weren't picking up the ground so I was stuck. I got my car in May and we got new tires so its not like the tires are getting bad.

Do any of you have some reccomendations as to what tires I can get for better traction? Let me know. Oh yeah and before anyone yells at me for being dumb and not driving slow around the corner, I know that already. I wasn't driving fast anyway, but now everytime I go around a corner Im super cautious! Thanks.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Tires question

im not really sure of brands and tires taht are the best, as i have strictly dry pavement tires now..

i would hoewver recommend checking sits like tirerack and discounttire and using their chart to help you find out what tire is best for wet conditions..

i used to have continental extremecontact, they came on the car when i bought it but i was so busy ripping the hell out of the tread, i never really paid attention to how well they performed in the rain..

good luck

(and be more careful in the rain going around them corners) [8D]
Old 03-10-2006, 05:14 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

most low pros dont channel water for sh@t but some do channel better than others. try to find some with a directional tread pattern and with wide channel grooves in them. discounttires.com id the best place to look. and cheapest, tirerack is friggin high.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
MustangJessica

thanks guys! =)