General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Tranny TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default Tranny TSB

soooo...i took my car in for the TSB on raspy gears on friday the 10th. it was bothering me earlier in the year when it was cold out but i wanted to bring it in cuz i only had 100 miles left of warranty. so they couldnt feel the problem, but the lady ordered the synchrokit anyways. which i was very happy about. i brought it back in on wednesday and was supposed to get it back on thursday. fine. thursday...they have to keep the car...should be ready before noon on friday. call at 1pm friday...not done yet...will call. 3pm friday...they call...after reinstalling the transmission, they realize they ****ed up. the car is totally undriveable now...they even had to push the car back into the garage bay. i asked the lady what the problem was...she didnt kno...she was just the customer service lady. sooo....they still have my car since wednesday. they dont know what the problem is. they will let me know by tomorrow at 1pm supposedly. if they have to keep it for longer i hafta get a loaner car for my parents and i hafta take my parents car back to college. this is absolutely ridiculous. if they ****ed up the whole transmission i may inquire about a T56. i would offer to pay the difference between the price of a brand new T56 and a brand new 3650. if that happens...good idea? or should i just get a new 3650? either way...i am pissed, its been 5 days, and want my baby back.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Tranny TSB

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

soooo...i took my car in for the TSB on raspy gears on friday the 10th. it was bothering me earlier in the year when it was cold out but i wanted to bring it in cuz i only had 100 miles left of warranty. so they couldnt feel the problem, but the lady ordered the synchrokit anyways. which i was very happy about. i brought it back in on wednesday and was supposed to get it back on thursday. fine. thursday...they have to keep the car...should be ready before noon on friday. call at 1pm friday...not done yet...will call. 3pm friday...they call...after reinstalling the transmission, they realize they ****ed up. the car is totally undriveable now...they even had to push the car back into the garage bay. i asked the lady what the problem was...she didnt kno...she was just the customer service lady. sooo....they still have my car since wednesday. they dont know what the problem is. they will let me know by tomorrow at 1pm supposedly. if they have to keep it for longer i hafta get a loaner car for my parents and i hafta take my parents car back to college. this is absolutely ridiculous. if they ****ed up the whole transmission i may inquire about a T56. i would offer to pay the difference between the price of a brand new T56 and a brand new 3650. if that happens...good idea? or should i just get a new 3650? either way...i am pissed, its been 5 days, and want my baby back.
You wont get a T-56. Ford would replace it with a new 3650. Those T-56's are already in short numbers because of GT500 production, and even then they dont have enough to go around.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tranny TSB

yup...went to Ford today...the mechanic screwed up the gears when he tried to install the synchro kit. freaking retard. so i wont have my car back till friday or something. but on the bright side...im getting a brand new 3650 transmission with 36,000 miles on my car. i think itll actually be better in the long run.

also...i dont know a lot about cars...so dont laugh or yell at me....but does a new transmission come with a new clutch? or will they be reusing my clutch from the old tranny? sorry im so ignorant, trying to learn though.