General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is it legal riding around with just your parking lights and fog lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default Is it legal riding around with just your parking lights and fog lights on?

Hi just woundering if it was legal to drive with just your foglights and parking lights on.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is it legal riding around with just your parking lights and fog lights on?

No, not at night at least. Maybe during the day in a rain storm or some such thing. Why would you want to anyway, you can't see anything much unless you are in a very urban area. Besides, driving without your lights on is a big red flag that gives the cops a reason to stop you for "probable cause". Too many drunks get into their cars and either don't turn on their lights at all or just turn on their parking lights and the cops love it. It just says, "Come and get me!" Don't do it!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
shayne
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is it legal riding around with just your parking lights and fog lights on?

I prefer driving around in reverse. At very high speeds.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:01 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

at night you have to have your full lights on, during the day or a storm (when whipers are in use) it looks bad@$$ driving around with just parking and fog lights on, like a laid back look
Old 03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

exactly, thats the whole point of modding the fogs so they run independently of headlights. I think it looks pretty cool...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Stupid laws in Canada... we've got "daytime running lights" here, and the headlights can't be turned off (legally) while the car is being driven
Old 03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

All cars and trucks after a certain year have daytime running lights as far as I know. Maybe not some imports. Daytime running lights, by the way, are only somewhere around 40% to 50%, if not lower, than your night lights when you actually turn on your light switch.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

No cars in the United States are required to have day time running lights, my 06 GT doesn't have them. Some manufacturers install them on all cars such as GM.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i drive around with my lghts on in the middle of the day sometimes, parking lights dont do much.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vash the Stampede

Hi just woundering if it was legal to drive with just your foglights and parking lights on.
I think I got a ticket for impropper lighting when I had a headlight out

Quick Reply: Is it legal riding around with just your parking lights and fog lights on?