General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Free Mods -List them All here-

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:20 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default Free Mods -List them All here-

I dont have any free mods myself, but if anyone could list a few with directions that would be kickass. Tell us if the mod is engine specific or if it can work on all models and whatnot.

Thanks!

-Neo-
Old 03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
WNDSOR
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Free Mods -List them All here-

timing

intake port job - not free, but cheap if you do it yourself

gut your converters
Old 03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

duct tape type-r decal- big time hp!!!! jk. if you are planning on doing a 331 stroker, go 347. that is free hp. except the price of gas......
Old 03-08-2004, 05:22 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Yah.... I wish I could stroke my V6 that much. Be cool if I had a 302 then, then i could do that. Im starting to take so much damn heat for having a V6 and wanting to modify it...... Its just really a downer. Got ****loads of heat yesterday at sacstangs....
Old 03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

How come no one ever does a throttle body bypass anymore? I have it done to the TA.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:53 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

don't know about a V-6, but lose the intake air silencer if it has one.
bump up timing 2 degrees or so, lose the back seats, go on a diet.....
there's no such thing as a "free lunch"
remember "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"[sm=smiley13.gif]
Old 03-08-2004, 10:25 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

WTF is a throttle body bypass??? And as for a silencer, I dont have one. I helped a buddy of mine remove his resonator off of his 2000 Hyundai tiburon and the tone of the engine went way up, much better idle and higher rpm tone and there is slightly better throttle response... Maybe gained 2hp.

There are free things out there to do, just have to find them
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

On my f-body, which I'm pretty sure is the same for the stang, there is a way to bypass the TB. Coolant runs from the radiator into the TB and then into the engine. By bypassing the TB the coolant will be much cooler and of course as we all know, cooler = more hp. I've seen several dyno's where this produced 6rwhp on f-bod's. I have pics of where I did mine but you'll have to wait til tomorrow since I'm on my gf's computer and she doesn't have them on here. It's very very simple to do. Almost everyone who mods their f-body has done it. When I went looking for vacum caps to cap off the TB (optional btw) the Advance guy asked me if I was doing it to a Mustang since that's the only car he knew of that ppl did it to. So I'm positive you can do it.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:28 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I have NEVER heard of that. Infact coolant does NOT run to my TB at all or even gets anywhere close to it.... At first I thought you were ****ing with me and telling me to run a hose into my TB from my rad feeding the coolant into the engine and thus ****ing it to oblivion.... LMFAO

For my engine coolant only stays in the engine block and does not go anywhere remotly close to the TB, infact from what I have seen in the 5.0'z and 4.6'z there arent any lines going to the TB either.... I dont know I might be missing something here or your royally ****ing with me, Would really like to see those pictures

Oh and if its duck tape and straws im going to hunt your *** down and beat you with a 351C 0.510/0.525 lift hydrolic cam untill you tell me your sorry... LMFAO

Cant wait to see the pics -holds cam-[8D]

-Eric-
Old 03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
WNDSOR
2nd Gear Member

um....ok...yes there is lines going to the TB, i havent heard that it does a whole lot but i dont guess it could hurt-it runs coolant right through the top of it, sounds pretty similar to the f-body set up

Quick Reply: Free Mods -List them All here-