General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

a/f guage

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:08 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: a/f guage

Here is a cool pic I took while installing mine...

Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Did everyone forget the question was how to install. I apreciate everyone telling me I need a wideband . So can 2k1GT tell me exactley how you hooked this gauge up . If you have the time to explain in detail, I would appreciate it.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:30 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Off autometers web site

Air/Fuel Ratio – Oxygen Sensor Gauge Installation
for 4.6 engine(s)
Pin # 60 at PCM which is a gray wire with a light blue stripe or pin # 87 which is a red wire with a black stripe. Either will work.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:56 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Off autometers web site

Air/Fuel Ratio – Oxygen Sensor Gauge Installation
for 4.6 engine(s)
Pin # 60 at PCM which is a gray wire with a light blue stripe or pin # 87 which is a red wire with a black stripe. Either will work.
Ok here we go. I cant help you on where to hook up the red because i used the remote lead on my aftermarket radio but you need to tap into the # 60 pin which is grey/light blue light it was said before. the black just needs to be grounded. the red can be tapped into anything that had a 12volt charge. you can buy a circuit tested to help yp\ou find. one. Im sorry, im drunk, i will try and hellp you more tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:07 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Ill wait til tommorow. Sounds like you had a good night. When you read this again. how are you attaching the wire(sodder,electrical tape, ect.......). What would be another good 12 volt source be. Can I find this on the fuse board ??????
Old 04-16-2006, 02:30 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: sfi

Ill wait til tommorow. Sounds like you had a good night. When you read this again. how are you attaching the wire(sodder,electrical tape, ect.......). What would be another good 12 volt source be. Can I find this on the fuse board ??????
Always solder! You should be able to find a switched 12 volt source in the fuse block.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:33 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Mmmk. Here goes my best shot. Ill use some pictures I found off the internet to help me explain.

First things first. You will need to go to an auto parts store and by a spool of 18gauge wire because the purple wire provided with the gause will not be long enough. Then you will need something to strip the wires and then a soldering iron or some wire crimps to connect them, whichever you prefer. While i was there I bought a wire tap with a female connector (Here). This is what I will use later on for tapping into the PCM. You should also buy a pack of ring terminals for the ground (They look like this) I also bought a circuit tester to find a 12volt power supply.

Black wire: All you need to do it crimp a ring terminal onto the end of the wire and find a good ground bolt to attach it too. This should be easy. I used a screw on the fuse box under the drivers side dash.

Red Wire: You will have to splice into the ignition harness. To do this remove the plastic panel underneath the steering wheel on the lower dash and the metal panel. The ignition harness is right there behind a gray protector. I do believe the 12V power wire is the Yellow Wire, but like I said, I did not do it this way so I cant be sure. Use your circuit tester to see if its a 12v source.

Purple wire: Here is the semi-tricky one. You will need to run the purple wire (or whatever color you choose to extend the wire) to the passenger side. Take the passenger side kick pannel off and unbolt the two bolts that hold the black "mounting plate" to the chassis. Then you will be able to see the computer and a wiring harness attached to it. Take the black plactic cover off and unbolt the harness. When you get it off it should look like This. You will need to find the #60 pin which is a grey and light blue wire. Just use the wire tap to tapinto it and then after crimping the femal conector onto your purple wire then connect the two together like This. Now you are done. Just put everything back together and zip-tie all of the loose wires up into the dash were it cant be seen.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:26 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

WOW...... That the best help post I've ever had or read. I thank you for taking the time to help me w/ this 2K1GT. I'll let you know how it turned out.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sfi

WOW...... That the best help post I've ever had or read. I thank you for taking the time to help me w/ this 2K1GT. I'll let you know how it turned out.
Your welcome. If you need anything else dont hesitate to ask.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:12 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Well, I hooked it and nothing is happening. Is there a way you can send me a pic of the gray wire with light blue strip. I thought i found it. but all I get is a faded light in the far right corner on the gauge. How do i find 60 pin to double check my work, there is no numbers with all the wires coming out. Im pretty sure I crimped the right one because I didn't hook up the 12 volt source, but had the ground and purple wire attached, and when I drove the car, it ran like **** unitl I unattached the purple wire. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: a/f guage