General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Forged Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:34 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Forged Engine

I want to take my 2006 and throw a turbo on it but before i do, i want to forge the inside. I have seen a couple of places that offer forged stuff but only one website site that had a complete kit. However, after posting on the kit i saw, i was told that it was not a good compnay to go through. I forget the name off the top of my head. So, can anyone show me a site where i can find a complete kit with quality forged parts? I also thought about getting ford racing stuff which i assume is good quality but i dont know EXACTLY what all i need to replace. The crankshaft, connecting rods, heads, seals, and i am not sure what else. WOuld it be easier to buy them seperate r a kit?

-W
Old 04-16-2006, 01:14 AM
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Forged Engine

Why? How much power do you want to make?
I have a friend with a kenne Bell supercharger on his '05 GT running 11's. Bone stock except the supercharger, 17" ET streets, & a tune in the computer...... Thats it....
Old 04-16-2006, 04:15 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Get to Summit Racings web site and find some Eagle rods and some Mahle Pistons.
This stuff is not cheap but then none of the stuff you want to do is anyway.
I'd think that you'll see a bill for around 10K if you have all this stuff 'professionally installed'.....
Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Yea i was thinking around 10K when everything is done. maybe less, my buddy can install it for free. I am not worried about the money.. I just want to get quality stuff. I was thinking about a Whipple or Kenne Bell S/C but i heard the Turbo is just a better all around set up.

I am looking to make around 500RWHP max... I don't think i need to go any higher then that. Something like 475-500 would be fine and probably more then I need. Problem is, it's hard for me, since I am pretty new to this, to find the parts i need. I saw a video of some dude with Eagle 4340 forged stuff ( i think that was the right numbers ) and i actually did go to summit racing but they had nothing for 05+ stangs that i could see. At least for the parts that i was looking for. I am sure the other parts might work just fine with my engine but not knowing anything about all the spec numbers on the parts, i have no idea what i am looking for.

I am actually moving back home to go school full time in the fall but i will be keeping my full time job so i have nothing but a small car payment every month. I am looking at an extra $1,700 a month in throw away money.

As i said before, i just dont know where to look and google is no help.

-W
Old 04-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Albrutis

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but check out this page.

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/engine_packages.htm
Old 04-16-2006, 11:31 AM
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Just if you are curious.....

http://socalhorsepower.com/forum/sho...threadid=14112
Old 04-16-2006, 12:17 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albrutis

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but check out this page.

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/engine_packages.htm
Ohh wow, yea, i think thats what i am looking for... Is hat a complete new block? or just the sindes for a short block? and whats the difference between a cobra and a australian block?

See, the problem i am running into is that all these things is ee are for the 2v and 4v older models, not for the 3v 05+ stangs. But, that is the "kit" type i am looking for.

-W
Old 04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: woodywoody

Yea i was thinking around 10K when everything is done. maybe less, my buddy can install it for free. I am not worried about the money.. I just want to get quality stuff. I was thinking about a Whipple or Kenne Bell S/C but i heard the Turbo is just a better all around set up.

I am looking to make around 500RWHP max... I don't think i need to go any higher then that. Something like 475-500 would be fine and probably more then I need. Problem is, it's hard for me, since I am pretty new to this, to find the parts i need. I saw a video of some dude with Eagle 4340 forged stuff ( i think that was the right numbers ) and i actually did go to summit racing but they had nothing for 05+ stangs that i could see. At least for the parts that i was looking for. I am sure the other parts might work just fine with my engine but not knowing anything about all the spec numbers on the parts, i have no idea what i am looking for.

I am actually moving back home to go school full time in the fall but i will be keeping my full time job so i have nothing but a small car payment every month. I am looking at an extra $1,700 a month in throw away money.

As i said before, i just dont know where to look and google is no help.

-W

there are many people making 450-500whp on stock 3v engines....just buy the turbo or sc and get a good tune if that's the power you're looking for. then if you decide you want more power (over 500whp) you could build a new engine and crank up the boost