General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

coates heads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: coates heads?

for your information quiksvt i never asked if it was possible that the engine could be spun to 14000 rpms i asked if anyone had any more info, and your first reply derogatory tas if you were almost trying to be degrading. so learn how to read and i didnt fly off the hook. Just go cry or something, cause after that last post with you complaining about how flew off the hook makes me wanna puke, if you want a hug go to Mom.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

Your pathetic dude. You really are. Excuse me, I have crying to do.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:07 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

everything is going over your head man click this link and there will be videos from reputable news companies and it explains what this motor is capable of.

http://coatesengine.com/videos.html
Old 05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
hwest
1st Gear Member

I for one have gone and looked at the website myself and if you read and watch the videos I believe this to be true. Weather or not they can be directly applied to a 5.0 L engine with stock internals and produce that kind of rpms and horsepower is questionable, I belive that's why hookandpull posted this as a QUESTION as to weather anyone knew anything about them. In my opinion "IF" these heads were put on a 5.0 L engine it WOULD significantly reproduce a hell of a lot more horsepower and allow that engine to rotate at a greater rpm range because of the elimination of a several factors on the stock valvetrain i.e. heat, low air flow, ect. Don't go and eat someone's lunch if you don't read up on the subject first . . . . that's all I have to say about it.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:24 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hwest

I for one have gone and looked at the website myself and if you read and watch the videos I believe this to be true. Weather or not they can be directly applied to a 5.0 L engine with stock internals and produce that kind of rpms and horsepower is questionable, I belive that's why hookandpull posted this as a QUESTION as to weather anyone knew anything about them. In my opinion "IF" these heads were put on a 5.0 L engine it WOULD significantly reproduce a hell of a lot more horsepower and allow that engine to rotate at a greater rpm range because of the elimination of a several factors on the stock valvetrain i.e. heat, low air flow, ect. Don't go and eat someone's lunch if you don't read up on the subject first . . . . that's all I have to say about it.

+1
Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Wow some cool vids. [8D] On top of everything else, the system practically eliminates oil changes, and removes a TON of moving parts, that's pretty awesome!

Even that Coats motorcycle concept was pretty cool. I'm sure we're gonna be hearing a LOT about this stuff in the upcoming months.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

Haha. Hookandpull, is hwest your alter-ego or your buddy? Joined today, has 4 posts, and nearly identical zip code. Hahaha. Your such an idiot. AND your wrong.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:10 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Hwest is in the same mustang club as me. And I would like to know how you can prove this article wrong. I am interested.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 PM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

I don't need to prove anything wrong. Its like proving that it gets dark at night, everyone knows it. You spin a 5.0 V8 14,000 rpm, and let me know what happens. Piston speed, for one, is going to stop you long before 14,000 rpm. You simply CAN NOT move a piston that size, up and down, changing direction, that fast. IT WILL NOT DO IT.

I have no doubt that those heads are capable of a super high rpm. The technology there is awesome. I'm not denying that. However, your not going to take a 5.0, drop some internals in it, throw those heads on it and rev anywhere NEAR 14K rpm...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:33 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

well...this thread is crazy as hell. but i just thougtht id say those heads look BAD A$$!

Quick Reply: coates heads?