General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

been pulled over for loud exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM
irongoat56
1st Gear Member

Default been pulled over for loud exhaust ?

hey , i was just wondering if any one has goten a ticket or been pulled over for a loud exhaust, i got magnapacks in my 02 gt and im thinking about getting a mac o/r h pipe, i live in the city and with traffic its hard to have a heavy foot and the exahust is pretty quite at idle and unless im on the highway i avg about 1.5 rpm on the street when i accelerate witch makes a nice rumbel but not loud enouf , but then again i dont want to get pulled over when im hittting above 2rmp on the street and the exhaust with off road h is blasting .........let me know your experiances.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:14 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: been pulled over for loud exhaust ?

I have a MAC o/r H with my Borla Stingers, which volume wise, should be fairly similar to your proposed combination.

I've been warned one time. It was about midnight in Fort Wayne (big city) and I was waiting to turn left at an arrow. As I pulled out into the intersection on my green arrow, I had not yet even shifted into second gear when my passengers alerted me that a cop with his lights on was behind me.

Needless to say, he pulled me over about 40 feet later and proceeded to warn me about the pipes being to loud, and how it wouldn't matter how gentle I was on the accelerator, if he was next to me again with the same exhaust, i'd most likely be getting a ticket for sound ordinance violation.

Although he was nice about it, and didn't treat me like an explicative, I still think that it was kind of ridiculous. I was not speeding, not making excessive noise on purpose, but it was apparently enough for him to feel the need to waste some of my time.

So for you, I say do it. In all reality, if a cop is a big enough bonar to pull over with an o/r H, he's probably got grounds to pull you over with just the magnapacks on too. Don't worry about it though, its definately worth the rist.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

I have a MAC o/r H with my Borla Stingers, which volume wise, should be fairly similar to your proposed combination.

I've been warned one time. It was about midnight in Fort Wayne (big city) and I was waiting to turn left at an arrow. As I pulled out into the intersection on my green arrow, I had not yet even shifted into second gear when my passengers alerted me that a cop with his lights on was behind me.

Needless to say, he pulled me over about 40 feet later and proceeded to warn me about the pipes being to loud, and how it wouldn't matter how gentle I was on the accelerator, if he was next to me again with the same exhaust, i'd most likely be getting a ticket for sound ordinance violation.

Although he was nice about it, and didn't treat me like an explicative, I still think that it was kind of ridiculous. I was not speeding, not making excessive noise on purpose, but it was apparently enough for him to feel the need to waste some of my time.

So for you, I say do it. In all reality, if a cop is a big enough bonar to pull over with an o/r H, he's probably got grounds to pull you over with just the magnapacks on too. Don't worry about it though, its definately worth the rist.
+1 ... I have an o/r x-pipe.....I would say do it.. like 72MachOne99GT said.. if the cop is going to be a dick he can just as well be one with or without you having the o/r pipe on. ..
Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 PM
irongoat56
1st Gear Member

hmmm , well thanks i guess i will get it then , i like the sound of the maganapacks but its just not loud enouf when im not florring it , like on a turn its loud becouse i have to press the gass a decent amount , but when going striaght from stop sign to stop sign , i have to give it gental gas and that bearly makes any rumble.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

i have been pulled over about 5 times and have gotten warnings each time. i just put my car back on the road Monday and after driving it less thanm 30 minutes i got pulled over. cop was cool shyt and just talked cars with me and about ones he has and he was like you should get cams and "nos" i was like yup
Old 05-11-2006, 03:21 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

In my town I have had cops pull me over to see what type of exhaust ive put on my car so they can get an idea of what to do to their old interceptors, they asked if I had cats and I said "what do you think"? Around here I am surprised that the cops dont put exhaust on their patrol vehicles and paint rebel flags on their roofs, deffinitely no complaints though I will be in for a rude awakening when I go back to Arizona to live.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

never been pulled over but my exhaust isnt too loud. A cop did ask me what i had at a gas station yesterday and he said it sounded good
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

these cops should be harassing the idiots in traffic with their c-rap music blasting, that bothers everyone.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah all the mexicans around here blast the most awful music around here with their crappy systems. the music sucks and no one can even understand it. Even if i could i still wouldn't want to hear that. Maybe next time i get pulled over for exhaust I will mention that to the cop.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:06 PM
laserred9550
2nd Gear Member

if you want loud exh but still relatively at idle, I got the borla side pipes, never pulled over......yet, but man WOT is LOUD!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: been pulled over for loud exhaust ?