General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hood pins

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
justinmac86
1st Gear Member

Default hood pins

Quick question. I got in a wreck and messed my hood up a little well I got a new hood for cheap and I realized the hood wont lock down all the way, can I just take the latch out completely and put hood pins on to fix the problem? and will the hood hold down nice and snug?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:09 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: hood pins

all depends on far the hood is sitting up. Hood pins will hold hood down though. If i pop my hood open with the pins in, the hood wont open if thats what your asking. Besides, hood pins look pretty bad *** too....
Old 05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: justinmac86

Quick question. I got in a wreck and messed my hood up a little well I got a new hood for cheap and I realized the hood wont lock down all the way, can I just take the latch out completely and put hood pins on to fix the problem? and will the hood hold down nice and snug?
You can do that. Just have to remember to put the pins in every time you have the hood open. I've read many many times of guys forgetting to pin the hood and it flies up and into the windshield. There should be two small rubber bumper type things above the headlights. They adjust the hood height.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Galaxie
1st Gear Member

Yep it will totally work that is what I did...except I got into an accident and broke the hood up a lil' bit I didn't looked too damaged but was warped *** hell throough some pins in it for 10bucks and now it sits perfect
Old 05-10-2006, 09:06 PM
justinmac86
1st Gear Member

Alright thanks guys, I just bought some from O'Reillys for 12 bucks, I'll post some before and after pics after I get everything fixed. I guess this wreck might not have been a bad thing, I get some badass lights, hood, and hood pins out of the whole thing.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

Here's a little something else for ya. Get some small stainless steel coil springs, nothing heavy, light ones will do. Slide them over the post for the hood pin. That way when you pull the pins the hood will lift a little bit, enough to get your fingers under anyway.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:09 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Alright thanks guys, I just bought some from O'Reillys for 12 bucks, I'll post some before and after pics after I get everything fixed. I guess this wreck might not have been a bad thing, I get some badass lights, hood, and hood pins out of the whole thing.
I hope you buy stainless ones, if not chrome steel ones will be rotted and pitted very soon
Old 05-11-2006, 03:26 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grimace5.0

You can do that. Just have to remember to put the pins in every time you have the hood open. I've read many many times of guys forgetting to pin the hood and it flies up and into the windshield. There should be two small rubber bumper type things above the headlights. They adjust the hood height.
I forget to pin the front once at the strip and the hood came up mashed the windsheild, mashed the top of the roof, and then I mashed my pants.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hookandpull

I forget to pin the front once at the strip and the hood came up mashed the windsheild, mashed the top of the roof, and then I mashed my pants.
Thanks for being a example.

Sorry to hear about the hood etc though..
Old 05-11-2006, 03:41 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

[:-]

ORIGINAL: hookandpull

Thanks for being a example.

Sorry to hear about the hood etc though..
Hey, anything I can do to help!

Quick Reply: hood pins