General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wrecked the pony, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:18 PM
jdubb98

Default Wrecked the pony, need some help

Alright, well i was at home on leave and i wrecked the pony, and i'm deploying to turkey tomorrow, i need some help on some good websites i can go to to get replacement parts and i good price. What i need is for a 98 GT Automatic.......

New Hood
New Left Fender
New Radiator
New Airbags
New Windshield
New Front Bumper
New Headlights
New Radiator Support
New Headlight Header Panel Support
New Bumper Insulation
New Bumper Support and shock absorber

and some other stuff i can't think of right, now pretty much everything for front end damage, i pushed the radiator all the way back to the engine, but the engine has no problems, i didn't even mess up all the mods i put on either, got lucky on that.

Any help would be great, and if i could get some estimated prices that would be great too
Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 PM
michaelbarry
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wrecked the pony, need some help

Man, sounds like you need a new car.

A cheaper route though, may be to find one that has been hit really hard in the rear that you can get for cheap. Most everything, I think, would be the same all the way back to 94. So maybe you could find a 94 hit hard in the rear, for cheap..who knows. I'd try that though. Just my opinion.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Galaxie
1st Gear Member

That car is gonna be too expensive of a fix unless you do it through wrecker parts...even then its not gonna be cheap

I would check E bay for the airbags they seem to have pretty decent prices for them and then go aftermarket for hood, bumper, radiator, don't even bother witht he bumper insulartion and shock absorbers i didn't when i got into my accident...salvage as much as you can and cut corners haha...I just cut the bag part outta my air bag glued them up and painted them you can't even tell they exploded
Old 05-17-2006, 12:59 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Ebay my friend, we bought alot of stuff for Aprils 96 there. I must warn you though, re-use all your old hardware, the bumper take a 1 time use only mounting kit that you have to buy again, do not buy reproduction fenders, they are so cheap they come damaged and they replace them and they still come damamged, get ones that were on a car, much better quality and they fit correctly, again another reason why not to buy repo.

You will end up spending somewhere around $1200 bux or so if you shop wise.

Our 96' was stolen and was missing the doors, hood, bumper, fenders, all hardware, some interior peices and we put it all back together for about $1000, but we made the mistake of buying the repo fenders, so now we are going to sell them cheap to get real fenders.

I saw the wheel and pass airbag kit on ebay for just over $300 bux, there are several of them on Ebay, buy now while you can, I have never seen those offered like that before. Also, check out local auto wreckers and try to find a Pick-N-Pull in your area, they get stangs in sometimes.

Good Luck
Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

I had front end damage on mine also. I purchased a sweet hood from cervinis, look online for places like partstrain.com or other places like that for header panel, absorber. abcexclusive.com is good for some parts too. Headlights, etc are fouind on ebay. As for prices, going to have to shop around online.... as for airbags, thats where your going to get stuck. I covered my passenger side one (just velcroed) the flaps down-cant even tell. The driver side I tried to fix, but eventually broke down and purchased a new one for around 115.00. But, there are no sensors or anything like that to set them off. After having them pop off at me, I would rather not have them anyway- my damn nose was red for at least a week-seat belt worked.

I dont have my receipts etc with me at work, but I found most of the parts and it wasnt that difficult. Depending on your hood, that will probaly be the most expensive piece-mine was 500 with shipping, but I got the sweet cervinis ram air hood. Do it right as long as your going through the work, right? Good luck