General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS system bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default ABS system bypass

this is actually on a 93 MN-12 T-bird. it's a 3.8L with all-wheel disk and ABS (a $4000 option, from what my G/F told me). long story shory, the P/S front caliper was replaced and than something happened where the peddle would pump up, but after 5 seconds (+/-), it would go to the floor and act somewhat like manual brakes, but not work as well. than, her mechanic at the time, figured out it was the prop valve. he "fixed" it (we'll never know if he really did) and it became my job to re-install it. i was being nagged by my G/F and ended up crossthreading the prop valve. offered to buy her adj. prop valves to replace them, but her mech. didn't want to be bothered (he was too busy banging a fat chick in connecticut), so the car sat with a weak clamp on the master line. now, (way) more than likely, there is air in the abs system and it's too big of a hassle. to my question (just wanted you to have the full story and all the info i could give you), is it possible to re-do the entire brake system and use normal brake parts and adj prop valves? and around how much am i looking at?

also there is a small amt of bearing noise and i know how to replace the bearings, but how hard would it be to do with the motor still in the car?

just trying to find a way to buy my girl some extra time to save up for a new car and i know how much she absolutely LOVES the T-bird, so anything to buy ME more time to get a place to store that and my 66 for complete rebuild would be awesome.

thanks in advance

Ant
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ABS system bypass

is it cause it's not a stang?