General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

takin out rear seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

Default takin out rear seats?

has anyone done this here? cuz I was thinkin about taking them out cuz for 1. theres no room for anyone to even sit back there and 2. save some weight.

if I do take them out I dont want it to look crappy back there I wanna keep a clean look..thanks guys for anyput
Old 04-13-2004, 05:03 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: takin out rear seats?

what year car is it for? on the 94+ up models, on each side of the seat, under the seat is a little tab you have to push in...get a flat head screw driver, and stick it under the seat. move it back and forth untill it hits something. then, in the middle of the object you just hit, push it in with the flat head, and the seat will pop up. kind of hard to explain, but i tried
Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
619socalstang
3rd Gear Member

on the fox bodies pull up reall hard it will come out, but your suposed to push down and in in the center of the seat and it will un hook, i still say pull up reall hard and bend the hook it wont braek it will bend and then you could bend it back later, with a little vacume work and a rattle can it could look really nice, i cut alll the seat mounting hardware out of mine with a cuting wheel and scraped all the quite mat out and the rattle canned it looks really nice take your time and it will work out grrreat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 AM
arcane73
1st Gear Member

Well, I was reading the post about the bulkhead and posted a reply in this thread....that's what i get for having two browsers open [:@]
I pull mine out by lifting the back section up...just pick straight up.....then the bottom section comes out easier.....just push towards the rear of the car and it should clear the latches under the front of the rear seat.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

They make rear seat delete kits which bolt in place of the seats. Makes for a nice clean look. I think the kits are under a 100. I plan on doing it sometime soon myself. I did it in my honda minus the rear seat kit, looked funny but kinda helped. Look at resto50 or any mustang mag they will be listed.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:42 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

I took the back seats out of my 88 hatch and it was relatively easy to do. does lighten up the car quite a bit too, those seats are heavy with all the hardware for them to tilt etc. you can easily remove the seat belts with the right size torx wrench, but trust me, the bolts are tight as hell! I also put the bolts back into the holes so as not to have an exhaust leak sneak back up into the car and kill me! It really didn't look too bad to me, but you could always get a blanket and cover up the area so it looks nicer.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:19 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

thier is a guy on e-bay who is making foxbody delates that look nice and as very lite
Old 04-15-2004, 03:09 AM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SilverGTV8

They make rear seat delete kits which bolt in place of the seats. Makes for a nice clean look. I think the kits are under a 100. I plan on doing it sometime soon myself. I did it in my honda minus the rear seat kit, looked funny but kinda helped. Look at resto50 or any mustang mag they will be listed.
do u have a link to any of the sites ...that is if there r site lol
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

Rear seat delete kits aren't cheap. Make your own. It isn't hard at all. Get a peice of cardboard trace and cut out a "layout" of the rear upper and lower then get some plywood and carpet cut wood to dimensions etc carpet it and done.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
2001mustang
2nd Gear Member

what is the best rear seat delete kit? I was thinking about removing the rear seat because they are to small for people to sit in but i want a good looking kit back there.

Quick Reply: takin out rear seats?