General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installing Cold Air intake from Mustangtuning.com..problems..pls help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 PM
vinod.vasudev

Default Installing Cold Air intake from Mustangtuning.com..problems..pls help!!

Has anybody tried to install a cold air intake kit for a 98 v6 bought from mustangtuning.com. There were two things that seemed wrong with my kit. First the bolts that are inserted into the grommets and that hold the plate to the fender wall would not accept the screws that were supplied with the kit. There were only four other different size screws but they fit perfectly to the MAF sensor so i am guessing i got the screws right.

The sceond thing is that one of the rubber couplings provided that is supposed to couple the tube going to the throttle body to the MAF sensor does not seem to be the right size. It fits the tube but it is too big for the MAF sensor. I know i got the other one correct as it couples properly.

I am kinda frustrated by this. Any help is appreciated. I just wanted to ask in here before i went to the customer support as i want to be sure that what i am doing is right. Thanks in advance.

(sorry about the long post...)
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Installing Cold Air intake from Mustangtuning.com..problems..pls help!!

It's a CAI, man. What does it matter if it bolts to the chassis? Just attach it to the MAF, filter, and throttlebody, and you're good to go. What are you worried about?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:04 AM
vinod.vasudev

Default RE: Installing Cold Air intake from Mustangtuning.com..problems..pls help!!

Thats the problem, It does not fit. The tube from the throttle body to the MAF dosent sit in place now. Its screwing up the tube attached to the air filter. I even tried forcing it in but its fighting me all the way man. Its just not fitting in. [:@]