General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone use the SpiralMax??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
93stang

Default Anyone use the SpiralMax??

I have a 93 mustang gt 5 spd and i was wanting to know if anybody has use the spiralmax and if it does add the horsepower they say it adds...here is the website http://www.spiralmax.com/ if anybody has use it tell me..thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Anyone use the SpiralMax??

Man, I have never used one but I would take the money you're gonna put into that thing and get a nice C.A.I. for the car.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:25 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

Here's what you do with the money you'd spend on that. Clear off a spot in your driveway, make a nice little pile out of the bills, ones will make a bigger pile, and light them on fire. You'll have about as much fun and it will probably be more worthwhile then buying that thing. Not trying to make fun of you just putting it in perspective. Stick with the real stuff, not little gizmos and stuff.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Hahahahahahaha those should be illegal.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:08 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

nothing but another rip-off of the unsuspecting motoring public who know basically nothing about cars but will buy anything they see that has a flashy ad and looks good!
Stay away from stuff like this and save you money for proven parts that work, not snake oil salesmen's stuff like this![:@]
Old 04-27-2004, 05:38 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Well,sorry to burst you bubble, but I gained almost 2/10th on the track and you can feel the power. I bought them to save on gas. For $65, what is going to save you 2/10th other than this crap. It's ashame that they cost so much for a piece of tin, but the gas I have saved has already paid for it 10 times. I admit it sounds like a gimic, but I get 27 mpg on the highway(auto) and the first time I raced my car stock without them I ran a 14.519 and 14.492. I ran two more runs with them at 14.339 at 14.354 at Milan Speedway,MI. All I had for a mode was a mac cai and stock tires. 2002 gt-vert-auto. I have alot more mods this year than last, Ill let you know the difference again next week.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:59 PM
PStang
1st Gear Member

LOL.. this is just an imitation of the TORNADO
Old 04-27-2004, 04:20 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

if you made all those runs on the same day with the only difference being the addition of the spiralmax, then you are the first person I have heard of to actually test them correctly and prove that they do work. I'm honestly shocked to hear that it does work, I will admit that for sure. I always thought they might add something on a carbureted engine, but never thought they would do anything for a SFI one. My apologies to you and the others about this and thanks for the information you provided all of us!
Hell, for 2/10ths in ET, even I will go out and buy one now!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:34 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

It's the tornado thing? I was thinking it was one of those little electric fans you put in the intake hose. I'd never been able to figure out if the tornados worked or not, guess it looks like they're not bad.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:40 PM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sfi

Well,sorry to burst you bubble, but I gained almost 2/10th on the track and you can feel the power. I bought them to save on gas. For $65, what is going to save you 2/10th other than this crap. It's ashame that they cost so much for a piece of tin, but the gas I have saved has already paid for it 10 times. I admit it sounds like a gimic, but I get 27 mpg on the highway(auto) and the first time I raced my car stock without them I ran a 14.519 and 14.492. I ran two more runs with them at 14.339 at 14.354 at Milan Speedway,MI. All I had for a mode was a mac cai and stock tires. 2002 gt-vert-auto. I have alot more mods this year than last, Ill let you know the difference again next week.
2/10 is made or lost easily on the launch technique. You want straight, fast airflow into your motor.

Your cylinder heads are there to swirl and combust the air/fuel, leave it how things are designed to work and improve upon them.

Quick Reply: Anyone use the SpiralMax??