General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alarm idea - need marketing help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 AM
jjfrehe
1st Gear Member

Default Alarm idea - need marketing help

Im not sure about you guys, but if my car is stolen, I dont want it back. In addition, Id like to instill somwe phyical pain to the moron who stole the car to help offset my emotional distress.

This leads to my alarm invention - this alarm has no motion sensor, siren, beeps or whistles. No proximity sensors, ignition or fuel cutoffs. This alarm doesnt stop someone from stealing your car, but it does ensure he/she will never steal a car again; and it does put a smile on your face if only for a moment.

The basics are this: thief walks up to your car; thief gains access into car; thief hot-wires car; thief drives away with a big smile.

DRIVERS SIDE SEAT BURSTS INTO FLAMES AND ACTIVATES A SMALL VIDEO CAMERA THAT IS SAT-LINKED TO A SMALL SCREEN ON YOUR REMOTE. You take extreme pleasure watching the moron burn to a crisp as the song "Some Like It Hot" blasts on your stereo.

Sure your car is toast, but thats what insurnace is for.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Alarm idea - need marketing help

You must have watched that movie RoboCop recently
Old 06-18-2006, 02:24 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

There is already something similar to this. I saw it in a news article months and months ago, based out of Germany I think it was. Basically its a flame thrower thats installed under the car, pointing up towards the drivers door area. When the theif tries to jimmy the lock or break in, they get a good wall of flames in their face. I saw a demo video for it and it was pretty awesome.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:46 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

There is already something similar to this. I saw it in a news article months and months ago, based out of Germany I think it was. Basically its a flame thrower thats installed under the car, pointing up towards the drivers door area. When the theif tries to jimmy the lock or break in, they get a good wall of flames in their face. I saw a demo video for it and it was pretty awesome.
r u serious?

hahahahahahahahah......i would LOVE to see that happen
Old 06-18-2006, 04:57 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

i saw a thing on that a while ago. i forgot about that until just now. i loved that idea!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:13 PM
RacquetballRyan
3rd Gear Member

I know everyone has set off their alarm by accident...
Would you really want to risk any of that happening to you?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
flash20
5th Gear Member

lol that would suck if that happend. good idea as long as it doesnt goes off on me
Old 06-18-2006, 07:55 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Here we go, I found a link.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

Not the exact article I read earlier but its the exact same thing.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

How about a wire connected to the gas pedal running back to a hand grenade hidden under the seat.When the gas is depressed the grenade gets pulled from the tin can it was hidden in and a few seconds later the drivers side of the car is blown clear of the rest of the car.For a fire effect,you could fill a plastic bottle with gasoline and place it under the seat with the grenade.It's lightweight and simple.
When you want to drive the car just unhook the wire and go.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 AM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chopper

How about a wire connected to the gas pedal running back to a hand grenade hidden under the seat.When the gas is depressed the grenade gets pulled from the tin can it was hidden in and a few seconds later the drivers side of the car is blown clear of the rest of the car.For a fire effect,you could fill a plastic bottle with gasoline and place it under the seat with the grenade.It's lightweight and simple.
When you want to drive the car just unhook the wire and go.
If it is spotted or its a pro, they can set the car in neutral and roll it away Good thinking though.

Quick Reply: Alarm idea - need marketing help