General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Snow Performance

Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
JenniferJ

Default RE: Snow Performance

It's a matter of the investment. My tuition and living expenses typically leave me with about $0.24 at the end of the month. So finding money to buy a set of snow tires is difficult.

Now if you wanted to buy me a set.... Naw that's too forward of me. I get around ok... Spin my wheels a little here and there but I do ok. Plus if I do get stuck one of you handsome guys always seems to be right close by.

Jen
Old 07-06-2006, 02:56 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Yup I'm a sucker for a cute smile & sexy wink . Wow hope you're running in the hot chick contest in off topic!

& g/l next winter!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:24 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I drove my GT in the snow with 4 balding street summer performance tires. Not fun at all. As much as I knew about snow driving went out the window.. every theory ended up in tire spinning or the whole car spinning off the road

I'm getting a winter beater this year [8D][8D]
Old 07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
JenniferJ

I couldn't imagine trying to drive with summer performance tires. I have all seasons and even with those I slip alot in any kind of snow. But I haven't had the problem of spinning off the road. I do try to avoid ice storms and stuff but even when I'm caught out in one of those taking it real slow seems to work.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Dingo0079
3rd Gear Member

NICE![sm=Awwww.gif] Hotchick with a Mustang, and she drives in the snow, Awesome.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
JenniferJ

I'm not hot! Just average... Yes I do drive in the snow... A girl has to work and goto school!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Dingo0079
3rd Gear Member

Trust me you are not average!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
JenniferJ

Well thanks... But why is it so awesome that I drive in snow?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

It shows that you really can handle your car. [sm=bounceybounce.gif] It actually takes a bit of driving skill to drive a RWD car in the snow...which is why FWD and AWD are more prevalent.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
JenniferJ

I sent you a PM Colorado. Well I asked why he thought it was cool because well I've been teased quite a bit in the past with respect to snow driving. I mean lets face it. No matter how good you are you will some day get stuck. Well I had to learn everything about snow driving on my own. Most of it I learned in my Camaro. I got stuck everywhere it seemed and sometimes guys at school would tease me about being stuck at school and stuff. I know they were flirting but it was kind of embarrassing at times to be the only girl stuck in the school parking lot.

But everytime I found myself in trouble I learned something. I'm not going to say I still don't get stuck at times. I definitely do. There are things I can't plan for or sometimes cannot see. Last year for example at the end of my driveway there is a small dip. We had one storm that dropped about 12" of snow. I can usually get down my driveway in that because it's down hill and the snow was fairly light. It was a gray day with snow still falling and what I didn't see or know about was that the low point in my driveway had drifted over. I came down my drive way doing fine and as the nose of my stang went through the dip it went UNDER the snow and I thought that is wierd. The snow slowed me way down and I started to spin my back wheels. I came to a stop with my back in right in the dip. The snow was probably 4 feet at that point and man was I ever stuck. I dug and dug and dug and dug for what seemed to be hours and still could not get free.

A friend going by in his big truck saw me and pulled a Uie to come and help me out. That was a classic example of something that caught me totally by surprise. I missed classes and almost didn't make it to work. But now I know on heavy snow days to walk down there first and see if the snow has drifted anywhere.

Jen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow Performance