General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 AM
sonic31

Default Strange noise

I recently picked up a '00 GT vert and have been lovin it. However today I was cruising, everything sounded fine, go to a buds house and leave. On my way home I heard a few strange sounds. Regular driving usually under Acceleration I hear a minor whine or "vwoovwoovwoo" kind of thing, not loud at all and it may be regular because it was the first time I had no sound, it is however on and off. The next one is the one that scares me. It sounds like something is being dragged or grinded underneath my car, it does not always make this noise and seems to do it in whatever gear. I am leaning on a transmission issue but am not sure. The car runs fine and drives great but this sound sounds horrible. Its not the engine because it does not do it when I rev in neutral, and i dont thing it would be a differential or axel issue because I rolled it down a hill and nothing happened (however near the end it was making the first noise).

Sorry for being long but if you could please give me suggestions that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Strange noise

I think that is a bit difficult to diagnose over the computer like this.I agree with you it sounds like a driveline issue(that could be anything from the motor to the rear axle).If it's an automatic check your ATF.If the oil is old it may have to be changed.Why not go back to the Dealer who sold it to you and get his opinion.If you purchased it privately then go and ask a mechanic to test drive it.They will do that for free ,with the understanding that you will have them fix it if it is serious.If you have a warranty,go to the place that honours it.(extendedFORD warranty,or,after market warranty).
Sorry I am not more helpful but I think I would not let it go too long.It may cause more problems.