General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

who here has done the CLEVOR head mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 AM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

Default who here has done the CLEVOR head mod?

im looking to do it. have 2V Cleveland motor. ive found a bit on the mod on the net. just wondering if anyone has some advice, pics, pointers, etc. thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: who here has done the CLEVOR head mod?

have done a few dozen over the past 10 years or so. Let me ask you this, are you planning on using intake spacers? Also I would only be using a 2v cc aussie head.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:57 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

dont know right yet. ive got a cleveland motor, and ive got valve/lifter knock in my stock 5oh. seems time to do something. i happened to come across the clevor mod somewhere and figured id try it. got 2 other cars so i wont lose transport. not gonna do it this summer. gonna be a big winter project. and it sounds to be a relatively "cheap" mod for some nice power. i dont have crazy money to dump into new heads, and i already have these ones. just need them cleaned up. and i have no clue what ...cc aussie head... means. not to be mean. i just dont know much about the clevelands. and im gonna try to keep my hood the same, no modifing for scoops. if it has to be done, ill put on like a NACA scoop or something. i can figure it out if the hood has to be cut. but if it can be done without cutting, great. that might answer the spacer question. thanks. shelby
Old 07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Well im sure that cleveland you have, has 2v open chamber heads, I wouldnt really consider using those, wau more trouble than the outcome. The cleveland was produced in australia through the mid 80's and they had a 2v head that had closed chambers as opposed to the usa 2v head which was open chamber. In your postition I would just consider rebuilding the 302. The clevor is not what some consider a budget build. For me it is, cause I do almost everything myself, but your gonna spend money plugging the holes in the heads, buying intake spacers, buying an intake etc..
Old 07-02-2006, 02:12 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

the intake is whats gonna be the money. i work at a local napa and we have a machine shop there. ive used mills for like 4 yrs now, so im gonna do all the work myself. whats the open chamber? opposed to the closed? and what do you mean by intake spacers? under the carb? or between the head and the intake manifold? thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:16 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

I should have asked earlier, what block 302 0r 351 w are you planning on using?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

im planning on using my 5.0. gonna yank the motor 'fore the snow flies, and maybe do a minor rebuild, and the head mod. i dont have much money cause im payin for college on top of my "fun". not easy.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

well your still gonna have to use the pricemotorsport intake plates 225.00. What is the objective here, frankly using your open chamber heads is gonna kill any real gains you would see.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:50 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

what are intake plates? i know im gonna need that other stuff. my objective is to get more power. for relatively cheap. that meaning not 1200 bucks for a pair of heads, and all the work to do it, and a new intake manifold to realize the gains. hell, if i get like 30 HP, thatd make me happy. plus, itll give me alot of experience on motors. and it will be fun. something to pass these hellish new hampshire winters.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:57 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/...apter_kit.html you gotta run the plates, no way around it. You may run into detonation and pinging issues also with those open chamber heads as compared to the aussie 2v cc head Your head is gonna be an open combustion chamber, not the best idea in my opinion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37042/2BCC3B1B850B46DAB7635DBEF09AEB3D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: who here has done the CLEVOR head mod?