General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

I got followed all the time. I havent had my mustang that long, i only drove it about 2 months before i put it up for the winter and decided to do a HCI and it still not done
But in my old car they followed me alot, especially in this lil amish town. I've been pulled over more than 6 or 7 times in that car by the same cops, they are huge dicks too. Also a radar detector kindof helps. I also have a phaser II, and i'm pretty sure it really does work. But the first encounter i had with a cop with that it "didnt" work. He said i was going like 42 in a 25, but he was sooooo far away, it couldnt have been true. Those cops only come out like 12 hours a week, no joke. a few hours on thursday night and friday night. But they were young, and thought they were tough as ****. And at the time my speedo didnt work properly because they gears were changed and the speedo gears werent changed to match. I told him my hole situation, but he had to be a hardass and give me a ticket. I took it to court, ( didnt see the cop there by the way ) and even before i got into the court room the prosecutor wanted to talk to me. I showed him the papers that i got it fixed and i had a large stack of papers to fight the case, all about showing proof of their equipment and stuff ( pretty easy to win a traffic case if you ask for evidence ). He droped it from like 17 over to 4 over so it didnt go on my record. I paid the fine and walked away.
And running from the cops in a car is a prety bad idea, pretty hard to get away. Thats where the **** rocket comes in

But yea, cops suck and they follow cars that are sporty and loud and look good, especially with a young person drivin.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:57 PM
peetah2

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

I would have to agree with this statement... I have a yellow 94 GT and I am followed and pulled over all the time... I was once pulled over for doing 53 in a 50... The police officer asked how fast I thought I was going and I told him 55... He said, "No, 53... Slow it down... I am giving you a verbal warning this time." Also, I don't know how many times I have seen police officers make U turns and ride my *** for a couple of miles.... Also, I had this one state trooper follow me for 10 miles in the dark... He would turn his headlights off and flash them at me... Finally, we came to a stop light and he pulled next to me... I looked over and waved at him... When the light turned green, he sped off... The cops love my car... It sucks! I have so many other stories I could tell ya'll... lol
Old 09-27-2006, 01:59 AM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

Oh yea I do. Here are my stories....

Ok pulling out of my work, I usually go slow so my car does't scrape, then ease up to speed. Well no one in the lane so i pull out, all of a sudden I see headlights, so I open up a little bit to get at the speed of the "car" i didn't know what it was. So I was going bout 40 in a 35. (It was pitchhh black) the car comes up on me, i stop at a light. I see it's a cop so I was alright sweet. So then I go 30 in a 30 pull in my neighborhoods new road and he pulls me over. He says, "Why you turning in here?" I say cuz i live in here.... "Oh" Thne he says, why did you accelerate so quick? I said cuz you were coming on my *** quik then he was like ok. Then said dont do it again.... I'm like WTF?! I didn't even do anything and he had no idea how fast i was going so no reason..

Then there was this....

I'm on a 35 mph road, i was going bout 38 i change lanes go up to 40 and pass a car, slow down and pass another car, and slow down. Well this cop comes from aboot a block behind me pulls me over and says, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said these exact words, "Because I changed lanes." He said it was the way you changed lanes... I was like okay..... He said "see all these people you changed lanes infront of put on their brake lights and that tells me you cut them off. I said no because when I see I am able to change lanes with out cutting them off I change lanes... He said "See all these old people dont have the reaction time you young people do.." And let me off with not ticket.

Just because I have a mustang they think i speed, or do something illegal. Both had no right to pull me over. The second cop was a block BEHIND me and couldn't see if I cut them off..
Old 09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
lemonademaker
1st Gear Member

1. I talked with a local cop about it in colorado where i'm from. He said there's over 660 moving violations possible for a motorist to commit. He said, if you're cool, not burning out at lights and being dumb, they'll leave you alone, but if you're acting dumb they'll get you for sneezing in a crosswalk. (just an outlandish not-true example, don't knock it)

2. Yeah we get harassed, but I see alot more toyota camrys and stuff like that getting pulled over than stangs. it's often the people with the average car that go fast. Us, we don't need to prove it, we already know we can.

3. Ricers should def get hit alot more than us. I live in Albuquerque right now and ricers (well, people in general) here drive SOMETHING AWFUL! I can't believe what they get away with, while I hear about our kind (dang, we sound like our own ethnicity) getting hit right and left.

Peace.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

I got followed once or twice, but local cops usually are more apt to tail younger drivers. I remember once I was leaving the local post office and driving a block to a hardware store. (My car was on the loud side!) As I shifted through the gears I saw a cop parked across from the hardware store. I wasn't speeding or anything. But I'm sure he heard me coming. LOL! I turned into the hardware store parking lot and as I parked, the cop drove in and parked next to me. I rolled down my window to ask what was wrong and he kind of smiled and asked what I had as far as mods. Come to find out, he knew me from the previous car I had, a 1994 Callaway Camaro. I used to take it to a local tuner where he worked before becoming a cop. So two fellow gearheads had a neat conversation. Pretty cool cop!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

There are so many Mustang here in my area...it would be alot of work for the cops to follow everyone
Old 10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
AMC
1st Gear Member

Only time I've ever been pulled over in my stang was doing 135+ in a 65 which was clearly my fault. Other than that they leave me alone. Was followed
more in my jeep than my stang, but I drove my jeep like a madman, any and everywhere I could. And Ive driven by a few cops doing 15+ over the speed limit quite a few times. Im guessing the bacon around here is lazy then.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

my favorite cop story:

I was driving from Boston MA to Hartford CT at like 2 am. On the mass turnpike (I-90) there are a few toll booths. As I pull into the booth and give the person my money, a black Firebird pulls up in the one next to me....

two sports cars...dead stop...perfect straight-away.....2 am.... i think you know where this is going....

we both peeled out and about 1/4 mile down the stretch we were still neck and neck.

all of a sudden we fly by a cop parked with his lights off and we both drop from like 90-100 mph to like 75 as fast as we can....the cop just flashed his brights at us a few times and never came after us

we were both lucky, cuz when we passed the cop, we were both definetly still accelerating....

never did tell who won that race [>:]
Old 10-12-2006, 06:17 PM
RoushSport

Yes, the cops check my tags whenever they are behind me. I have a Redfire 05 Roush and I get stares all the time
Old 10-12-2006, 06:49 PM
bhskins05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

my favorite cop story:

I was driving from Boston MA to Hartford CT at like 2 am. On the mass turnpike (I-90) there are a few toll booths. As I pull into the booth and give the person my money, a black Firebird pulls up in the one next to me....

two sports cars...dead stop...perfect straight-away.....2 am.... i think you know where this is going....

we both peeled out and about 1/4 mile down the stretch we were still neck and neck.

all of a sudden we fly by a cop parked with his lights off and we both drop from like 90-100 mph to like 75 as fast as we can....the cop just flashed his brights at us a few times and never came after us

we were both lucky, cuz when we passed the cop, we were both definetly still accelerating....

never did tell who won that race [>:]

I hate driving on highways, because they can ticket you without ever seeing you. If you travel between 2 tolls to fast, they will send out tickets. I recieved a written warning one time, because my average speed was 73 in a 65...

Quick Reply: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!