General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What a vet guy said today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default What a vet guy said today.

So I was late for a contract signing today and since I did not have any labor to do I decided to take the Stang. So I'm about 15 minutes late and sitting at a light ready to turn onto the highway.(no turn on red) This Zo6 pulled up beside me. (It was very, very sweet looking) An older guy, maybe 50ish in it smokin a cigar. My windows are down, his are as well. This is what he says...

"Woahhh (said like a country cowboy) that sure is some PURDY cars" Then he drops this on me..

"kinda gurly though"!

I was thinking you gotta be kidding me.

I said with a smirk, Yeahhh, she sure is sexy aint she? She will smoke just about everyone who pulls up!

He goes....."huh, huh, huh,huh" like a big deep fat people bellow laugh. (no offense to fat people) He wasnt fat though. The light turns green and it speeds away as I turn to the hwy. He did not stomp it but it was clearly faster than normal driving..

It has been on my mind the whole day. I would love to hear your thoughts..
Old 08-25-2006, 09:36 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What a vet guy said today.

whats the point other then another ***** vette owner?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

You know, I think that does sum it up. His whole tone was like he was better because he had it. Not faster but better or something. Never heard anything like that before.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:27 PM
alexr
★★★★★

personally id have to say that any 2 seater regardless of horsepower rating, automatically makes it more (but not necessairly officially) girly than a 4 seater muscle car.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I will say there are a lot of ***** Vette owners, but that can be said of most cars. Some Vette guys act like they are really somthing special, which always puzzles me because it's not like they have a rare car or somthing, hell I see more C5's than SS's or WS-6's. Most of these types will never ever drive thier Vette like it was meant to be drivin. C6 and Mr. Rodgers don't take offence please, you guys don't seem like the average Vette tools.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:24 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Face it, the old man had an ego. He was lookin for you to feed it.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Smallpox33
1st Gear Member

ya should have driven off at the same speed he did except keep it in gear longer so it showed off your exhuast and how much louder it was at his speed. then shifted really fast and kept at his side until you reached your speed then just chilled in like 2nd at 50 haha
Old 08-26-2006, 05:56 AM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

We're not all bad, but there's a reason I generally don't attend vette meets. :P
Old 08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

gregariousgreg- I know. First time i had to deal with that so I kinda was dumb founded.

Smallpox33-- to be honest when the light turned I was watching him pull away. I even stayed a little to long at the turn because the car behind me beeped. That sure is a smokin lookin ride. I know his face and that color car so i will see him again when I have more time to play. Dont think he would drive his car as hard as I would drive mine. If I get him in the right gear and rpm range I may surprise him if he is not ready ya know. I do know the outcome if he is (sniff sniff)

TwotoneVert--Exactly. He sounded like JR from the old Dallas show. You remember him? If so you know what I mean.

Thanks for you feed back guys. As nice as that Vet was (I wanted to get one before I got my GT , that is until I saw the price)
I really honestly think my car looks better. Not faster but better. Plus when I want to take my kids out for some they can go with me in the Stang for a change over the SUV. Screw him, he cant do that!

Take care.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

I have owned a couple Vettes(C5's)& one of them a Zo6.I had occassion back then to find myself at the "Lights"...on a couple occassions,with Mustangs.I wasn't a ***** (maybe I was and still don't know it?)...I never raced...and didn't do anything,not even look at the other people.Maybe thats rude?
On one of those two occassions the Mustang raced away at the green light.Personally I can't afford my insurance,if I get caught speeding.I do a race now and then but I'm judicious about it...
Now I am happy to say I have a 2006 Roush (Dealer make/over GT)Stage 3.I went to an Antique Car Show and I had my car in the "Special Interest Vehicles area"...I was with a bunch of Vettes,but my car seemed to be getting all the attention.None of the Vette guys talked to me ,nor I to them.I was parked beside Grande National from the 80's.He was really a decent sort.

After a while all the Vette guys left,because they weren't getting any attention.I guess thats like..."Having a Street Race at a Car Show"...

Quick Reply: What a vet guy said today.