General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

I'm addicted...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default I'm addicted...

What a costly costly addiction
40 bux per bottle fill...
Wow I ****ing LOVE nitrous!!!
The new pull my car has is amazing!!!
Went to the track today with it too, used it for the second time(first really, the time i used it was just a test run see if everything was in order)
First couple runs I put the car in third before using it per everyones instructions.
Was only getting 13.5's because the switch is in a horrible place.
Hard to flip to engage everything, maybe I should get a button on my shifter ***.
Then I tried second gear, and I did much better...
Hit it almost 3/4 in second gear before shifting due to the button placement.
I was only gettin tire spin later on in the night with the second gear nitrous Blast of Joy...

So my new best time is 13.348@107.93 And my best MPH was 111.42MPH The reason for that 13.3 run was a lower MPH is because i tried for 5th, didnt work too well got my slowest MPH for the night doing it that way...

Also, I guess the wiring and junk, how it was setup before was just a complete mess.
That thing I had no idea what it was on my fuel rail was the Fuel Safety Switch
or something along those lines.

Anyways, nitrous is just amazing... I don't think I want to get rid of my 75 shot
Only got around 10-11 uses out of a full bottle tho
I Can't imagine how a 150+ feels like.
Really cant explain how happy I am to have it installed, and working in proper order.

Im speechless...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:38 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm addicted...

cool glad you are happy with your gooo goo juice. just be careful with it.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:50 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Maybe after I get all my mods I'll get the juice too
Old 06-24-2004, 01:56 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

I HIGHLY suggest it, even if it's only a 75 shot like mine.
It's much less of a chance for anything to break. And it makes a world a difference...
I Now have a Low 12 Second car if I get traction...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:41 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Hey good job man, I am glad everthing worked out for you, get some sticky tires next, and you will see low 12's no prob.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:46 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

I am not bashing youre happyness man, Youre going to burn out youre engine, Ive done it on my 93 lx 302, after 5 times of using NOS I noticed my engine starting to run like crap, I remember one time I was on my way to work, I had to travel up this hill on route to work, All I heard was POP sound from the engine, my engine creased up, So I got the car back to my house I pulled the engine torn it apart I never seen badly burnt piston tops / compression/ oil rings / so briddle, The engine only had 60,000 miles on it 30,000km's what a waste of money. The only Nos is good if ya got sponsors and you want to take youre engine apart every week.

GoodLuck
Old 06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: e40water

I am not bashing youre happyness man, Youre going to burn out youre engine
no he wont.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:22 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I am not bashing youre happyness man, Youre going to burn out youre engine, Ive done it on my 93 lx 302, after 5 times of using NOS I noticed my engine starting to run like crap, I remember one time I was on my way to work, I had to travel up this hill on route to work, All I heard was POP sound from the engine, my engine creased up, So I got the car back to my house I pulled the engine torn it apart I never seen badly burnt piston tops / compression/ oil rings / so briddle, The engine only had 60,000 miles on it 30,000km's what a waste of money. The only Nos is good if ya got sponsors and you want to take youre engine apart every week.

GoodLuck
Sorry, but if done right N2o will not do that, he will be fine, it's not his problem you did'nt know what you were doing and leaned/detonated your engine to death.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:52 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

well how do u figure? why is every drag car engine torn down every day of race, Common sense the engine is put though alot of stress, And have you seen a engine after alot of use of Nos, I see alot of damage that is caused, when i had the nos set-up in my 93 stang is was done proper, Thats one of those things that happens, Like I say any mechanic will say Nos does burn out youre engine, I am not starting argue match. Its true in my opinion.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:16 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

why is every drag car engine torn down every day of race
First of all EVERY drag car engine is NOT torn down EVERY day of race. Only pro drag cars are rebuilt between races, because they are the only guys who can afford it. In fact a majority of drag cars are not torn down between races. Consider all the guys in the other classes that aren't top fuel, pro stock, or pro street. Also, not all drag cars spray.

Nitrous is perfectly safe if done properly. If you don't set it up right or abuse it, then yes it will burn up your engine. Did you replace your spark plugs with colder plugs when you had nitrous? Apparently something wasn't right if it killed your car. There are plenty of guys who spray for years and never have any problems.

Its true in my opinion.
Isn't that a contradiction of terms...[&:]

Quick Reply: I'm addicted...