General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

first mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:46 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default first mod

well, i went to FFW saturday. sucked til about 12:30 cuz it rained all morning, but, after that it was great. well, my friend and i were walking thru the vendor aisles looking around and i saw some parts. first up was a short-throw from UPR, but, i didnt know how good theyre shifters are, so i kept looking. then, i got to another booth. they had Speedware gauges, B&M ripper and a BBK fenderwell mount intake. well, needless to say, i got the intake, cuz they said the shifter was $280 !!!!!!!!! im thinkin its a typo, but, either way, i bought the intake. put it on sunday after i changed my plugs, and OMG !! it made a HUGE difference. i didnt think itd make that much of a difference though. throttle response is improved, it looks good, sounds great, and im just plain out impressed, cuz, like i said, i didnt think i'd be able to tell that much of a difference. but, i can. now ive got the modification bug, so now im thinkin about whats next. im thinkin tb/egr plate(to go w/ the intake), shifter and gears, or pulleys. but, ill let u all know in a couple of weeks. cuz, thats when i get paid
Old 06-29-2004, 12:10 PM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

Default RE: first mod

What kind of stang do you have? (year, V8, V6)
Old 06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

'92 GT. 5-spd. 5.0 liters of RAW power, just waitin to be unleashed. i LOVE IT !!! but, i wouldnt know ANYTHING about that
Old 06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Nab yourself some 4.10s
and a Full Exhaust
LT Headers Shorty H/X and your choice of mufflers
Old 06-30-2004, 12:19 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i was thinkin more along the lines of 3.73's, mac long tubes, high flow x-pipe, and flowmaster american thunder 2 1/2" exhaust or some kind of cat-back anyway. cuz, i think i have "Force II" and i want louder.....well, not necessarily louder, but, deeper. more beefy. oh yeah, and a B&M ripper shifter to help bang gears a lil bit. thats it. nothing major. hehe
Old 06-30-2004, 12:25 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Yea 3.73's work nice in a 5.0, some exhaust mods are always nice too
Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

4.10's arnt as bad as most people say.
I'm usin them in my car now and its a daily driver
Tho I do max fourth in the 1/4 pretty badly
Old 06-30-2004, 12:32 AM
settled4automatic
3rd Gear Member

hey guys, i got a 95 5.0L with an automatic aod tranny, would 4.10's kill my tranny? i was told today that someone went through 2 transmissions in 2000 miles and that a c4 would be better. suggestions?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:32 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Your running 17 inch wheels too arent you? That kinda reduces your effective gear ratio. But yea DON'T FEAR THE GEAR... lolz. Its all about preference, hey when you gettin stickier tires man? Them 108 mph trap times scream MORE GRIP
Old 06-30-2004, 12:37 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i do a lot of highway driving around here, and since im goin to school, im gonna be on the interstate for about 4/4.5hrs when i come home and go back. so, 1) i dont wanna be tachin that high for that long and i still want SOME gas mileage. haha. everybody's told me to go w/ 3.73's, so, thats prolly what ill end up goin with. i need to be deciding soon though. im thinkin about new tranny and gears, that way, i can rebuild my t-5 and have a spare for down the road. but, i just need to decide what im gonna do and do it soon. im tired of being good. oh well. ill get stuff done. just gotta decide what first. exhaust is gonna be last. gears, and tranny are gonna be first on the list though.

Quick Reply: first mod