General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:07 AM
lilpinkocapuss

Default Interior Removal

Ok, so I have a 1994 V6 Mustang, and I am trying to remove my stock radio to replace it with a new one. I found out about sticking a coat hanger into the holes located on the corners of the face of the radio and we can pull it out on the left, but on the right it keeps getting stuck. Does this mean we need to remove the center concle? It keeps popping out when we push on the back of the radio to get it out. We also removed the little screws that were in the cubby below it. Nothing is working.

AND...

I am trying to replace my door speakers, but I have NO idea how to get the door panels off. I have manual window cranks, keep that in mind.

I hope someone can help me!!

thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 12:19 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Default RE: Interior Removal

As far as the radio, It should slide out once you push those sides in. Did you try pullin both sides at the same time. Also, the wires could be bunched up. As far as the door, its a panel. Im not sure with the SN95s but usually you can pull the bezel off and unscrew the speakers. If you have to pull the door panel, then your going to need new clips if the old ones are messed up. The panel itself is held in with plastic tabs, and need to just be pryed off.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:57 AM
blazinyellowbeast
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure about the coat hanger, but I used two wire ties to pull my stock radio out, it has to be pulled out evenly.

You have to pop the trim peice off around the Door Handle and remove the one screw behind it (or is it two screws?), after that there will be a plastic umm (not sure what there are called but they just push in, so just pop it out with a flathead) at the very front of the door panel on the front side. The plastic trim peice on the inside of the side view mirror has to be popped off, then just pull up on the panel and it will come off. Oops, for got bout the window crank, should just be a c-clip holding it on, but I'm not sure (I have electric windows).
I hope you can make some sense of that.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 AM
live4motocross11
4th Gear Member

wallmart or ne auto place sells ford radio removal tools for rly chep, stick them in the holes and pull out