General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
BlazeGT
2nd Gear Member

Default What else do i need?

I ordered this package a few days ago http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...BSAA%3AUS%3A31 and want to have everything ready to go for when i take my car in to get the gears installed. Is there anything else i need before i go in? i also have the speedo gear to correct the speedometer for the most part. I know someone said something about a friction modifier??? I dono if i need it or not so any felp would be nice. Also, i dont know much about cars, but i dont want so sound like a complete noob when i go to get them installed (ive heard too many bad stories about auto shops) so if you have any tips or anything they would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
BlazeGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What else do i need?

Anybody??
Old 09-12-2006, 12:46 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What else do i need?

You will need new rear end oil. Crawl under the car & on the back of the pumpkin will be an aluminum tag w/ the oil you need. 4 quarts & the friction modifier, unless you like doing 1 wheel burn outs. The 4 quarts of rear end oil is about #75 from the dealer. I wouldnt let them re use the oil they take out.

Didnt notice if that kit had shimms included. If it didnt you will need the shims also.