General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problem's with lowered car & headlights..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default Problem's with lowered car & headlights..

Maybe you fellow Stangers with lowered cars can chime in your opinion...

I have Steeda Sport Springs, lowered approx 1 1/2 inches all around. If there is one thing that pisses me off about driving a lowered car, trucks & suv's headlights shine right in my side mirrors and blind me in my car. I have a nasty sensitivity to light to begin with, it makes my blood boil and I want to jump out of my car and kick in the headlights on the vehicle behind me. I already have 20% tint on my side windows and I'm seriously considering tinting my mirrors.

My biggest fear is that I will render them totally useless at night if I do so. I really can't think of any other way to deal with it, I try rolling up my windows just enough when I'm stopped at a light that my tinted windows will help block some light. Suggestions?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:54 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Problem's with lowered car & headlights..

I've noticed that too, I don't know really what to do - 20% on the sides has got to make it tough to see at night already I'd imagine
Old 07-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

It's really not that bad. I have 10% or darker on the rear (not really sure). You CANNOT see in my window, regardless of how close you get to it. Headlights are really really dim through my rear window and I love it. It's difficult to see out it sometimes...

I have some 5%, 25 & 35% tint sitting in my garage. Maybe I'll make a cut-out with some wax paper and experiment alittle for the next week...man, MD - I can't stress how bad it pisses me off. I swear to god, I watch people in trucks/SUV's pull up to me, they are always on the right and the closer they get, they straighten out more and shine their headlights right in my mirrors, it pisses me off to no end. Every once in a while someone will notice and shut their headlights off until we start rolling again.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Ugh, I hate the headlights most people have now.
LETS GO BACK TO YELLOW IT WASNT THAT BAD!

The horrificly Bright White on them Projector Headlights...
That's gonna cause my first accident (thats my fault some1 already slammed my passenger side)
Old 07-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Yellow lights aren't cool anymore...lol
Old 07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Was it ever cool in the first place?

I dont see how them brite things are legal at all...
You can't pass em without being blinded

It's like theyre traveling with Highbeams on at all times

Unless maybe you're in a humungo ****ing SUV
but im hatin those too
Everyone has either a bigass truck
or an import
What Happan To american cars?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

I was thinking about actually doing yellow lights on my car. I love the Lemans race series.

I know that BMW and Mercedes use a blue tint mirror and that helps with the glare on the mirrors. My car isn't even lowered and I hate the lights hitting me in the eyes. I usually just lean a little towards the center of the car, but that starts to hurt my back after awhile[&:].
Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I feel as if I shouldn't have to shift all around in my interior to avoid the lights...heh
Old 07-12-2004, 10:21 PM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

This happened to me the other night driving home. An import stay just far enough to my left to shine his headlights in my mirror, which naturally got in my eyes. I kept crowding the center line to try and block it, but he kept moving over too. I know he had to be over the center line. Finally, we went under a street light, and I could see a couple of punks laughing it up. Seems they were doing it on purpose [:@]
Well, I have power mirrors Turned it so it shone their lights right back into their eyes. Guess what? They moved over to the passenger side [:@]. Guess what? That's a power mirror too Turned that one so it shine their light back at them. The next few moments, they were going back and forth trying to get away from it, then they finally smarten up and backed off.....way off Didn't have anymore problems with them for the next 10 miles, and they certainly never got close to me either.

So use your mirrors to shine the light back at them. Once you figure out where to set the mirrors, they'll get the message. [8D]
Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

I drove a big truck(frightliner) and a still had light in my eye all the time at night. Just adj. your mirror out of adj. alittle to where you just lean alittle bit to see. No big deal. Don't jump out and kick some butt over that. Kick some butt when they change lanes all the time and race around like they own the road.

Quick Reply: Problem's with lowered car & headlights..