General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pa Laws

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Default Pa Laws

Pa just passed emission laws that are similar to Ca. Does anyone know how it might impact me putting mods on?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pa Laws

coming from cali personally, i can say your so screwed, thats why i moved out of cali

must have cats, headers intake ect if it is not stock or look stock, will need a carb sticker( carb california air resource board) if they are doing smog inspections then timing and fuel mixture will be checked, basically you will need to detune it to pass the tests
Old 09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

it's still nothing like cali or even nj (even jersey still allows private stations so its easy to get by but the dmv are inspection *****). if you know where to go you will never have a problem...if you don't know find a car you think may not have emissions etc (start with loud or you can smell someone not using cats) and see if they'll let you in the loop
Old 09-25-2006, 05:21 PM
corvetteguy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicles registered in the 42 counties listed on the right are NOT required to pass an emissions inspection. However, most passenger vehicles and light trucks weighing 11,000 pounds and less are required to pass a visual anti-tampering check as part of an enhanced safety inspection. Vehicles registered as classic or collectible are exempt from the anti-tampering portion of the safety inspection. The visual anti-tampering check is a visual inspection for the presence of emission control components that were installed on a vehicle by the manufacturer.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
alexr
★★★★★

the current and new laws are:

any vehicle registered in the above stated counties, are not required to pass the actual emissions test, but must be visually passing (must have cats, and other certified parts).

and here's the big one, ANY vehicle produced after 2007 can not be modified in the exhaust or intake areas. meaning, you can not add aftermarket exhaust or a cai to your car if it was produced and yeared after 2007 (2008 model and newer).
Old 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:59 PM
alexr
★★★★★

Old 09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ARdoller

awesome!!!!!!

Tis the season

makes me wanna say..... How's it goin' eh?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ive been in the season for 3 years.... never changed my desktop since like the day after primeau scored that goal in the conference finals....

Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Too bad Sabres > all

As for the PA emission stating no modifying intake/exhaust. Wow talk about strict garbage. I can understand if they removed the cats, sure. But to completely get rid of possible CAI/muffler options that won't necessarily hurt emissions greatly, or at all? Ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Pa Laws