General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Pa Laws

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM
alexr
★★★★★

Default RE: Pa Laws

its because of people complaining about retards with those annoying *** fart cans driving around at 2am waking everybody up, and the problems that CA had a few years ago with those whistle tips and crap like that.

and in places like central PA, where a lot of older people live, the majority of kids/college students have these huge *** diesel trucks with the catless exhaust thats loud as ****. sure it sounds cool, but for older people trying to sleep its kind of annoying.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

that sucks man. and what really sucks is one of these days its gonna get to the point where nobody can do anything to there car performance wise in any state.....how much would that SUCK!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

But.... c'mon...

THE WHISTLES GO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Mizicke5273
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ARdoller

the current and new laws are:

any vehicle registered in the above stated counties, are not required to pass the actual emissions test, but must be visually passing (must have cats, and other certified parts).

and here's the big one, ANY vehicle produced after 2007 can not be modified in the exhaust or intake areas. meaning, you can not add aftermarket exhaust or a cai to your car if it was produced and yeared after 2007 (2008 model and newer).

Wow, that really sucks.

Honestly though what are the lawmakers thinking? I gurantee that people will still modify their exhaust and intake.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

Dont forget intake mods or exhaust mods would also cover turbo's and superchargers too

so basically the only thing you can do is tune a stock engine, uum i guess k & n will be making aooot of money since their filter fits the stock location.

soon they will have a little computer chip to tattle tale on you when you change something,

like stop me i have extra power,

i understand some of it, the fart cans , people running with no exhaust ect, but instead of just saying no, why not make limits, especially if it is an improvement to the mpg, or clean air,

in reality a good tuned turbo makes more power by using the exhaust gas, if this is tuned right, you can get more power for the same mpg! of course when you get on it it dumps fuel like a beast but thats between you and your foot! ! !

cali still suck the most,

every other year they have to do a smog inspection, which means knowing someone, paying somone, or changing back to stock every other year, most smog tecs wont even sdmogh a car if you have the carb sticker, they want you to go straight to a referee, becuse they are afraid to get in trouble.

they also have police trained to catch non stock vehicles now and they send you to a referee( smog pro) they can catch everything and will suspend the cars license until you get the car fixed right.

lets not forget their new racing laws, if your caught racing now , its instant death for your car, will be crushed period

this is say you and your friend are having a friendly race up to 35( posted speed limit) its still racing

you can even get a racing charge if your driving by yourself, ( no other cars) instead of a reckless driving charge, you get racing on streets charge, if it looks like it they can claim it!

i dont approve of street racing, but we all want to get on it a little and see what the car can do........

greedy