General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:00 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

would cams be your first mod?

if so i wouldnt do cams first, i would do gears or suspension work or exhaust work

there is sooo much to do and so little money and time
Old 10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
live4motocross11
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

what mods do u have done, i like ur car
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: live4motocross11

what mods do u have done, i like ur car
all stock.. except for for maximum motorsports 4 bolt camber plates. and eibach's.

i orginal put in the eibach's and the allignment shop said they couldn't get it out of negative camber. so i went on the forums and someone suggested me maximum motorsports... i like the maximum motorsports plates alot. because it shoved the attachment location of the strut alot harder and it sorta compensated for the lowering, so it rides ALOT smoother with the plates. the only problem is that the struts actually hit my hood each time i close the hood down.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

Car looks nice. But are your sidewalls totally stretched on those wheels? [&:] If you want a deep sound, FM super 40`s will sound real nice. As for cams. You can go with VT stage 1 cams without having to replace the valve springs. A tune is recommended but not necessary. Or you can go with stage 2`s but you will need valve springs and they will sound a little better but will need a tune for sure.
do you have a good website to maybe buy some of these? like valve springs and a cam? is that all i need?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Heres the website........ http://www.vtengines.com/
Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

damn Vlad's car is like a microcasm of what I hope mine looks like by next summer....just about the same hood paint I want...Just different rims for me haha
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
live4motocross11
4th Gear Member

wat a pillar gauges do u have, i just got my autometer phantom electric oil pressure and water temp
but i havent put them in yet
Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 PM
live4motocross11
4th Gear Member

^^ ??
Old 10-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: live4motocross11

wat a pillar gauges do u have, i just got my autometer phantom electric oil pressure and water temp
but i havent put them in yet
sorry.. been having midterm exams latly. they're autometers. just air to fuel and nitrous gauge on mine. but i already sold the nitrous kit. for 200bux. it was a dry kit anyways. iam hoping to get a wet kit sometime.

the gauges are sport-comps heres some pics:

Old 10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

your car is so hot man, i love it. It's gonna sound great with the cams, but there are other mods you should do first

Quick Reply: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?