General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help ON Body Style and DIff...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 AM
RealMcAssHole

Default Help ON Body Style and DIff...

hey question on the body of a 94 - 98 mustang... are they the same besides the tail lights and engine size?? or is the frame diff ?
im trin to take a front end of a 97 Gt and Slap It on a 95 Gt look the same, but will it wrk...??

thx
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help ON Body Style and DIff...

All body parts are interchangeable from 94-98.

Hell, I've got a rear bumper from a 95[:-]
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 AM
RealMcAssHole

u like the front of my car?? it looks sexy huh? lol
but yeah im gunna buy a complet shell of a 97 and chop the front and take the interior....
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
KartR31487
2nd Gear Member

It's probably relatively easy to find parts for that car. Junk yards and such...
Old 10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
RealMcAssHole

yeah but it would be but in my area everyone wants an arm and a leg for the parts but I still need the front clip the frame where my LH fender and Radiator bolt on 2 are smashed in and I need then fixed and the metal is effed up so I need new sections... from the yards all the parts are well over 700 bucks when I can buy a full car and use the parts then sell the rest a make my money back.... hopeful it will turn out that I don’t pay for this car with the money I make from selling the left over’s to the Mustang Yards...
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Probably a good idea considering you have that emissions thing to worry about. Then you can sell the 8.8" and get some of your money back...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
RealMcAssHole

yup... i think im gunna chop it up and weld that baby back on then that way i have a straight front clip and new fenders then im gunna take the interior bc its all black and i think it would look sick black on black... the only thing im havin a problem with is teh welding and cutting of teh clips... i dunno about to learn tho...lol
Old 10-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Cutting would be the easy part...

Build a jig first and cut off more than you really need. I don't know if you're thinking about taking the entire front subframe (do it if you can) or just cutting the frame rails and patching them in (been done many times, especially on the Spike TV shows).

Just take your time and measure everything and you'll be good. Are you sure your current subframe is bent?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:28 AM
RealMcAssHole

yeah the whole section where the battery, and radiator sit are bent to hell... along with the hood LH fender, cracked radiator also the reservoir... and I think the thing in front of the radiator is crushed, the thing that heats the trany fluid I believe..?? I don’t know but its bad I think and the front frame where the bumper comes out is crushed and ripped off on one side... ill take some pics and post them then maybe u can take them and use paint or somethin and show me where I should cut or something I don’t know im in the dark on this one...
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 AM
RealMcAssHole

oh yeah and do u think im gunna need to rip the engine out to do this or can i wrk around it... i hope so...

Quick Reply: Help ON Body Style and DIff...