General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

trouble cornering in the 06

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:22 AM
thejucer

Default trouble cornering in the 06

I have a v6 06 and I used to have an 01 sts that would handle very well. I know it is a rough comparison and I would think the mustang would have an edge in terms of handling, but going around corners at highspeeds if I hit a bump or something in the road my steering wheel loses control for a split second, I think this is called bump steer. What can I do to stop this from happening... realistically and inexpensively... or atleast an explanation...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:12 AM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: trouble cornering in the 06

No no, your rear gets loose man.

I too have this problem, after I hit a curb and apperantely my tires (not rims) are not round. So now I need to save up for new tires, and alignment.

While it was good Id still get loose over bumps, but it wasnt too bad. This is because the car is light and you have a live axle. With IRS it be a different story. Thing you could do is apply clutch and brake over bumps, and do it smooth. This is kinda hard with stock pedal positions, especially when you have to go from brake to gas smoothly. Another technique is just back off the gas, but it is best done with backing off the gas, depressing clutch and applying some brake, then getting on gas smoothly.