General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MPG/Performance Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Fantor

Default MPG/Performance Help!!!

Hi:
This is my first post here however; I have been a life long Mustang owner. For the past 8 yrs or so I have been driving a 94 Cobra 10 or so miles round trip to work each day. The performance was great and I hardly noticed the gas mileage. I filed up every other week or so and life was great. :-) Recently I have been relocated down south and now travel 60+ miles round trip to work and back each day. :-( Believing a newer Mustang would give me better gas mileage I left the Cobra up north with a friend and bought a 04 GT. Over the past month I am dropping $50.00+ a week in gas and barely getting 15mpg. My daily drive mostly consists of city/traffic jammed highway driving. I never modded any of my Mustangs, so I have come here for help. I am looking to improve gas mileage by 8-10 mpg and increases HP to 300 for under $1000.00. After a few days of reading the forums I have come up with the following mods.

1. CAI = MAC.
2. 75mm TB/Plenum = Accufab
3. Under drive Pulleys = BBK if there not piggy backed otherwise Steeda.
4. Computer Chip = Have not decided yet need to do more research, looking at super chips right now.
5. Exhaust = 40 Series Delta Flow flowmaster mufflers. The rest of the exhaust system is stock.

What do you guys think is this setup??? Also any other suggestions are welcome. Should I mod the exhaust more?? H / X pipes, 2.5 pipes, etc...

Fantor
Old 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
BigBen09
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MPG/Performance Help!!!

Don’t waste your time with the Mac CAI, just get a drop in K&N for $40. Then get an Exhaust, I have Borla Stingers and I love them but you need to see what you like, the under drive pulleys wont help you gas MPG but it will help the HP. The chip will good for both, but I don’t know if you will get all that for under $1000. Are you installing it all yourself?
Old 12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
BigBen09
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MPG/Performance Help!!!

O yeah I would do an H pipe, and forget the 75mm TB/Plenum for now it wont help you much. you can use that on your exhaust. because with just ehaust, pulleys, and CAI you wont see help for that money you will spend on the 75mm TB/Plenum.