General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

WRECK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 AM
aftlcc
1st Gear Member

Default WRECK!!!!

My girlfriend got hit head-on in her '89 Hatch today by a Honda. This sucks. Luckily everyone was ok. The woman passenger in the other car was claiming she was in "shock" but you know how that goes. Very little damage was done to the car, it needs new front bumper, new drivers side front fender, and headlights. We have a front bumper cover courtest of Super Six Motorsports, we are looking for a fender. And we have new headlights. I just hope this doesn't affect insurance too much seeing as though its full coverage since its financed.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 AM
corvetteguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WRECK!!!!

Fender
Ford Mustang2DR,CAR,LX,WHI,1-85 160002$85Hon's Automotive USA-GA(Cochran) E-mail 1-800-852-1526
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Wow lucky to get away with so little damage from a head-on crash & good thing no one got hurt. Didn't the airbags even deploy? How slow was the hit?

And you insurance shouldn't be affected at all since it wasn't your fault(?)
Old 01-17-2007, 12:21 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

um, 1985 = no air bags....

i am wondering what heppened, for a head on someone was not where they were suppose to be

and insurance does not look at who is at fault to increase , they only look at claims and dmv records, so if she claims this on her insurace or it is reported to the dmv, her rates could go up.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

He said her car was a 1989 not 1985..

You mean to say if some jerk smashes into my car, totally their fault, and I get it fixed by insurance, MY rates might go up?? [:@]
Old 01-17-2007, 02:41 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

your rates do not go up if it is their fault because their insurance is obligated to fix your car. YOur insurance has nothing to do with it, unless you have full coverage and the other person does not have insurance. Therefore you have to report it to yours and they will have to fix it, thus making yourrates go up. Unless you make a claim on your car to your insurance, the other persons is supposed to take care of it.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

your rates do not go up if it is their fault because their insurance is obligated to fix your car. YOur insurance has nothing to do with it, unless you have full coverage and the other person does not have insurance. Therefore you have to report it to yours and they will have to fix it, thus making yourrates go up. Unless you make a claim on your car to your insurance, the other persons is supposed to take care of it.
My insurance went up when i got hit for the second time. Neither one was my fault. Hell, the first one my car was parked and i wasnt in it.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

unless you had to file with your insurance co. To go after the other person's insurance they shouldn't have went up. Who do you use?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
aftlcc
1st Gear Member

Her insuranceshould go up NO matter who the cop blaims it on. She was in the suicide lane about to pull into traffic and some ignorant person in a Honda (go figure) hit her. We already have a front bumper cover and headlights. One of my friends is gettin us a new fender. We are trying to get it so that insurance doesn't have to pay to fix it. Her uncle paints cars so he'll paint it for us. Imma try and get some pics up and maybe you guys can tell me if the frame rails are bent. It moved the fan shroud so that now the fan is rubbing on it and one of my buddies said it may have bent the frame rails. I hope not...
Old 01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: corvetteguy

Fender
Ford Mustang2DR,CAR,LX,WHI,1-85 160002$85Hon's Automotive USA-GA(Cochran) E-mail 1-800-852-1526
This fender WILL NOT work on an 89. Where the front ground effect bolts up on the fender by the nose clip the way the fender is cut is different between the 2 years. Trust me Ive gone through this before, I have a RF fender for a 87-93 LX that I tried to use on my car, no go.
-P.

Quick Reply: WRECK!!!!