General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Posi trac!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 PM
glomar98

Default Posi trac!

The new V6's already come with posi trac and a limited slip right?. thats what i was told...another question is that if i tune the car with the new intake and somethin happens where i need to bring it to the shop,, i can just put it back to stock settings b4 bringing it in.. but will this affect the CAI?,, and make it run like crap until it is tuned again?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Posi trac!

No Ford ever came with PosiTrac. It's a GM product. Newer Stangs come with TracLok. I doubt the V6 has it, but it's easy to check. Jack up 1 rear tire, put the car in neutral with the parking brake off (you'll want to chock the wheels, of course). Try to turn the rear tire in the air with your hands. If it spins easy, you have an open diff with no limited slip. If you can't turn the wheel easily or at all, you have an LSD.

Edit: A CAI will have no affect on the rear end, nor the warranty. Unless they can prove the CAI caused the damage. Which, if you're usinga K&N filter, they can for engine work.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
glomar98

i have the 2006 V6 with thepony package with premium GT upgrades and all that, so it has the trac loc,, and the dealer told me that it does has a LSD,, , he said both tires spin at the same time instead of just one,,, i was just wondering cause i have a hundred people telling me diferent stuff,, thanks for the information,, keep it comin,,
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: glomar98

i have the 2006 V6 with thepony package with premium GT upgrades and all that, so it has the trac loc,,
Wait a minute, what is premium GT upgrades? I have a V6 with pony package, but I have no idea what premium GT upgrades you are talking about. Also, I don't think I have LSD, but I can't be sure.

Anyone?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:36 PM
glomar98

the pony package has the traction control, rear antisway bar, i have the interior upgrade package ..and GT suspension,, but the dealer told me that it also has a LSD,, so i was wondering what all this talk is about gettin a T-loc and everything,,
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]What talk about getting a TracLok? We're missing some of the story, me thinks.
ORIGINAL: glomar98

the pony package has the traction control, rear antisway bar, i have the interior upgrade package ..and GT suspension,, but the dealer told me that it also has a LSD,, so i was wondering what all this talk is about gettin a T-loc and everything,,
Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

You do know traction control & LSD are 2 entirely different things right?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 AM
glomar98

i was under the impression that it was the same thing,, on the forums i just se people talkin about how they have t-loc on the car and all that thats all,, nothin bad,, im just tryin to learn exactly what everything is.. can you explain to me what the difference is,,,,
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

TracLok is a mechanical system in your differential that uses clutches to keep the tires spinning near the same speed.

Traction control isa computer program thatalters the engine output, and can apply the brakes in some applications, to stop a spinning tire in hopes of gaining traction.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 AM
glomar98

ok thanks for the explanation,,,, i have th traction control,, but i dont have the trac loc,, i guesss,, alright,, any more info about this,, id appreciate it,, any of you know where to get the t loc, or a lsd and how much about to install it, ?

Quick Reply: Posi trac!