General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:41 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT

there was someone parting out a mustang gt with a 32
valve engine a few days ago, was that you?

it sounds like it was a pretty nice car
Old 01-23-2007, 10:20 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Damn that car has had a colorful history eh? Started out as a GT.. got a blower put on it & either the owner drove the **** outta it & blew it, or the blower tune wasn't good & caused it to pop.. then they guy grabs a 32V replacement motor & needs to buy a 4V INTAKE to mate his old blower onto it. Then he finally sells it & congrats you're the new owner lol

I don't know,, if it's running fine with the current computer then just use it. Might be a good idea for you to take the car in for a dyno tune & verif all's ok that way.

But it sounds like the previous/original owner drove the crap out of it, hope the thing is still OK. Is it auto or manual? Hows the tranny? Hey if you're really legit with that weird combo then we'd be happy to help out

Old 01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I like pictures.

Hesitation in a cold engine is pretty normal. You shouldn't be running it hard until it warms up, though.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 PM
hari151
1st Gear Member

to me honest this car just fell in my lap...........the guy spray painted the interior to make it look like a spiderman theme.......so i thought about parting it out cause of the motor......but the car has 26k and the mach 1 motor is nice, once it gets setup......also i have 01 gt which does not shift smoothly like this one does......he put on staeda suspension, frame connectors and well he wasn't really a good mechanic, he actually sold me his tools too because he's been messing around with the car for like 2 years, im not good with tools but my dads a mechanic old school that is.......i think he knew that he actually messed up the car........but i did buy a 01 mustang bullitt wrecked which has a beautiful interior........so i'll part out the rest of that, the motor has 73k and i can send pics on this one if anyone is interested.......i am a broker but i think i got a little crazy on mustangs......now i have 6.........but i will probaly sell my 01 gt and probaly this one as well when my 2 other are done....but i better get pics on those posted cause you probaly won't believe it, even i wouldn't........ .....well anyways getting back to the mustang guess i can take it to get it dynoed and they probaly should be able to tell me if the computer is workin correctly......if not i will still look for a mach 1 computer or wire harness
Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Umm yea that's a hell of a collection of cars.. & as soon as you post some pics the rest of the guys here will probably start believing it too lol. Tell you what though, get a piece of cardboard & a marker, and draw a "I (heart) Mustang Forums" on it & stick that in a few of the photos, so people aren't gonna think you just surfed the net for Stang pics

Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Not sure if this helps but here is a list of the ECU Ford put in the Mach and GT for the years in question. The first # in the ID is for the year so you can ignore it. But it looks like the only same one is R3A-EC which is weird because in one they put it in a MT car and in the other they put it in a AT car. AT = auto trans , MT = Manual trans
03 Mach 1
MT, ID 3R3A-FB and FC
AT, ID 3R3A-EB, EC, ED and EE
02 Mustang GT
MT, ID 2R3A-EC
MT, ID 2R3A-ED
AT, ID 2R3A-CC
I say buy a SCT or a Diablo and have it dyno tyned and your problems should go away.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 AM
dirtystang04
2nd Gear Member

[sm=bs.gif]enough said..
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

YEP....i'm still thinking that too. Not trying to be a bitch, but i got red flags going up everywhere

But don't worry....i'll be the first to apologize it you are legit
Old 01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

If he is actually running the 2 v comp if it is adjusted right it would work but still not as good as a 4 v ecu

newer 4 v engines, the 2nd set of intake valves dont start to work until 3200 rpm so the ecu would no control this function
Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
hari151
1st Gear Member

how do you post pics im trying to post but its sayin files are too large, i can email them to someone perhaps

Quick Reply: I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT