General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
hari151
1st Gear Member

Default I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT

i have a mach motor in my gt, thats the way i bought it........it looks as to it needs a tune............the computer is still from the gt...........ford auto racing tech says you can use the same computer and wirng harness..........i hear different opinions on the board........has anyone done this and know for a fact what is right

thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 03:33 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT

I'd be surprised if a 4V engine can run with a 2V computer. Does it seem to behave itself?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
hari151
1st Gear Member

it actually runs smooth, so i don't know.........but when it cold there is hesitation which could be cause it has a supercharger on it as well...
Old 01-23-2007, 06:21 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

let's see some pics....something sounds a little fishy.

What is the complete setup on your engine?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:28 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hari151

it actually runs smooth, so i don't know.........but when it cold there is hesitation which could be cause it has a supercharger on it as well...
Is it a factory blower? I/E a Cobra motor not a Mach?? If it's an aftermarket blower I sure HOPE it was tuned when it was put on!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

i don't think hes serious....it seemes like he would know more about this car even if he just bought it. I hate to be the skeptical one, but i'm gonna have to call BS, unless he brings forth some proof
Old 01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

+1 yeah dude let's see a pic

Old 01-23-2007, 09:01 PM
hari151
1st Gear Member

i'll get a pic for you skeptical people, but i would not waste my time making a story ........i do now intend to keep this car........i bought this car several weeks ago.......the carfax has this car owned by the same guy since it was new....he blew out his first motor cause of the supercharger which is a novi 1000 is what he told me.........so he put a mach 1 32 valve motor from ford auto racing i did get the motor checked out locally and it did come back with high pressure like 230 in all cylinders which they told me usually newer motors have high compression until they break in..... i did call ford with the model number of the computer and it is a 2002 gt...........you can call ford auto racing yourselves if you don't believe me they said it should work without switching out computers........i came here lookin for feedback and some help with this problem and if you can't help or havent done this then you can be spectical and i wouldn't care........but if someone has done this setup please advise as i am currently tryin to find a mach 1 computer and wiring harness..
Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Please understand that we have all sorts of tools who come here and make stuff up, so forgive us for being skeptical. My take is that if Ford says the computor is the same, it probably is. The harness might be different, but without looking things over in person it's hard to tell. I would start by looking over the engine for any unhooked sensors both on the motor itself and harness.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
aftlcc
1st Gear Member

+1 There is a lot of CRAZY crap on this site. I would also like to see how that is set up. It sounds sick. Have you had the chance to run it at the track yet? Or are you waiting to get that whole thing figured out? keep us informed...

Quick Reply: I HAVE A MACH MOTOR IN MY GT