General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help out a Camaro guy.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Help out a Camaro guy.

ORIGINAL: proudcamaroowner

ORIGINAL: Chopper

Can "affordable" be translated to "cheap" for the purposes of this post?If so,you get what you pay for,so beware!I would stick with tried and true,widely known designs before making my car a test vehicle.
The difference in HP gains would be minimal anyway,the difference would probably be in sound quality and level.There just aren't that many choices out there for these cars.Not compared to Mustangs anyway.
Oh well,that's what you get when you have a car with little or no popularity.
Not necessarily. The hooker cat back for f-bodies is one of the cheapest AND best flowing. But my brother in law hasone so I want something different. Oh, and nice dig at my car...
Don't sweat it man, half these kids here would'nt know a fast car if it sat on thier face. Yea Camaros have a terrible aftermarket. Look into Random Technology for a cat back, they are pretty cheap, but made well and flow well. I usually don't even gain a tenth when I open my cut out. They are not too terribly loud even with my LT's.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Also go to www.fbody.orgplenty of good info there
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

From what I've heard, you can't fix yourexhaust b/c,MOST GM carssuffer a problem called Isuckitus.The definition of Isuckitus is anymajor or minor hasslethat occursdue to their****ty built drivetrain's or engine's. From either too little distance from the engine and dashboard,or having pablo and hisfriends from Taco Bell take weekends off to handbuild some cars down at the Chevy/Dodge factory some problems occur in the production process. Usually burritosstuck in the manifold, stock blocks stuck directly to mufflers, orPedro's idea of more hpcoming from the engine if he put's it in thetrunk(not connecting it to anything)liketheGORMEN"S do with their PORCHES. I hope this could help you decide to sell yourCamaro for $15 and save up fora nice and reliableGT,5.0, orslightly-heavily modded V6.
If this doesn't convince you then ur best bet is too find a body shop you know and tell them to build you a powerful exhaust, they can probably build you one for less than $500 installedand it will dyno better gains than all cheap exhaust systems on the market and sound nice too. If you don't know any bodyshops than purchase a MAC set-upon the netfor probably $330-$375(best bang for buck besides Borla)and get it installed at a gas station with a shop for probably $150-$250.
Hope this help's Chebby Guy!