General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

5.0----->4.6

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 01:51 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 5.0----->4.6

This observation is the best.
ORIGINAL: RedStangGT2000

Ive never owned a 5.0 but they are not as tempting to the ladies and there not as fast as the 4.6 I like the 4.6...
Old 10-16-2004, 02:58 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

thanks for everybody's opinions. i mean, like i said a couple months ago, i test drove an '04 GT and i liked it. didnt feel as torquey, but, "felt" faster. i guess maybe cuz its physically bigger. idk. but, i do like my 5.0 more when i think about it. if i had bought it, id prolly be pissed off right now with the 4.6. granted, it looked better(new), but, w/ mine, nobody around here has my color combo, and i love it. theres a few sonic yellow '99+'s running around here so i wouldnt be as "different". plus the sound, and the feel of torque my car has is AWESOME !!! hell, ladies still look at me and my car even though its "old and outdated". granted, 4.6's look sharper new, but, i still like Fox's better though. i always have !!! but, like i said, i was j/w if anybody regretted it
Old 10-16-2004, 03:38 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Yea my stock '02 "felt" slower than my previous mildly modded 5.0, felt a good bit slower too but it ran a quicker 1/4 than the 5.0

Nothing is sexier IMO than a Black 5.0 hatch, tinted windows, with a Saleen wing and silver Cobra R wheels... OB's car is damn close to perfection I'd be sexier if I was in it though.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:51 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

lol. alright Joe, let me get your opinion. '92 GT hatch. i think you saw the pics, if not...Deep Emerald Green/Titanium....i like the Saleen and the Cobra spoilers, but, i think the Saleen would look better. whats your opinion ?? Or should i just leave it stock on the backend ?? im not gonna do any body mods 'cept a hood, suspension, wheels and one of those choices on a spoiler. whats your opinion(on the spoilers) ? AND, what all was done to your "mildy modified" Fox ?
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I drove my friends 99 4.6. I can't really give an opinion on the speed part, it's been so long since I've drove a stock 5.0. Assuming you are talking about fox 5.0's. I liked the fox's looks better although I wish my car was all white or all black. I think the 4.6 felt more like a sports car than my mustang. The way the seat held me, the way the steering, & shifter felt, I felt more in control of the 4.6. If I had to choose between a brand new fox or a brand new 99+ I would choose the fox. From what I can see most things for the fox are cheaper. & I love seeing the 87-93 GTs. I think this is mostly because, honestly, I think there are more 4th gen twin turbo supras around here than 87-93 GT's
Old 10-16-2004, 08:34 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I drove my buddies '93 LX with a relatively stock motor and ZI thought it was gonna be a good drive and I couldnt believe how slow it was compared to my car. I mean the differerce was so obvious. I really like the stylings of the Fox but if I bought one it would have to have an all out built or blow 5.0 and not just the stock one.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Big5.0.13.7sec.
2nd Gear Member

quote]ORIGINAL: MustangChic03

I went from an 89 5.0 Notchback, to a 97 4.6. I like both cars. Yes the 5.0 is faster, but my 4.6 is still fast (an it's a vert! Yay! ) and will eventually be able to take the 5.0!
[/quote]
would
yeah right maybe one day. LOL.

Ive never had both but ive driven the 4.6's. I like the newer looks better.
I think the 5.0 looks MUCH meaner!
Plus the 5.0 is so much easier to work on. And there seems to be more available mods for it.....

Both are stangs Id take one.

But remeber when going from a 5.0 to a 4.6 why not put all the money into the 5.0 thats what Im doing!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:44 AM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedStangGT2000

Ive never owned a 5.0 but they are not as tempting to the ladies and there not as fast as the 4.6 I like the 4.6...
YES!!! From what i haev seen, a stock 5.0 cant run with the new 4.6. The older cars have a bigger engine but technology has come a long way to make a smaller engine faster than i larger one. But then again it doesnt take much work on a 5.0 to get it to run ***** to the wall either, same thing for the 4.6. But just from my personal experience the old stock 5.0 is bigger but not as fast as the new 4.6.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:08 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

lol. alright Joe, let me get your opinion. '92 GT hatch. i think you saw the pics, if not...Deep Emerald Green/Titanium....i like the Saleen and the Cobra spoilers, but, i think the Saleen would look better. whats your opinion ?? Or should i just leave it stock on the backend ?? im not gonna do any body mods 'cept a hood, suspension, wheels and one of those choices on a spoiler. whats your opinion(on the spoilers) ? AND, what all was done to your "mildy modified" Fox ?
I'd get the Saleen spoiler - I don't care for the Cobra. The fox I had... lets see... I put on shorty headers, offroad h, flowmasters, it already had 3.55 gears, removed the a/c (didnt work anyways) and the smog pump, and I jacked the timing. Never ran it at the track but I believe it was a low 14 second car. It was a 5speed.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:42 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

thats what i was thinkin.........IF i get an aftermarket spoiler. theres only 1 Fox body around here w/ a Saleen spoiler and ITS A 4-CYL. everybody else has a Cobra on their GT. low 14's huh....sweet. yeah, i need mods. lol im tired of being "stock" and "slow".

Quick Reply: 5.0----->4.6