General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Bad NEWS....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 02:38 AM
mustangchic59

Default Bad NEWS....

Sooooooooo today I went to the guy thats going to work on my car and he laid the bad news out on me good. He said that sence my car is a V6 and we was going to put a V6 procharger on it and all. That hes has talk to some other people and we aren't going to do it. So there goes all those ideas. Now, I have two options I can rather do an engine swap or work on the outside of the car with my new bumpers and everything or wait for the engine deal. Which one do yall think would be the better path to take.

Thanks for advice,
Rachael
Old 10-16-2004, 03:06 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad NEWS....

what do you want more ?? show or go ?? me, id go with engine mods/swap and leave the outside as it is(less wheels and suspension). nobody will expect a v8 lurking underneath it. i say engine work. but, like i said, it all depends on what you want more......good luck
Old 10-16-2004, 03:21 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Why not? why not put a s/c on a V6 - you'll likely be outrunnin some Cobra's with that lil ole' V6

An engine swap isnt a bad idea either, and neither is making the car look better. I like em all, do what you think's best - don't let know one change your mind whatever you decide to do - afterall its your car, your paying for it, and your driving it. right?
Old 10-16-2004, 03:25 AM
98gtmustang
2nd Gear Member

^^^^^^ i agree with both of them... good luck with whatever u decide to do!!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:12 AM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

well if you want to do a engine thats sounds good too, I wouldnt waste doing the out look, I would get some engine mods done first. Ive got an 83 mustang with a old school paxton S/C, It seems to be working good for me. I keep up with most V8's, Ive got lite mods on that 83, max hp runnig 230 rwhp. Its nice.

Good Luck on youre choice.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:41 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

*Chants "ENGINE!!! ENGINE!!! ENGINE!!!"*
Old 10-16-2004, 12:51 PM
mustangchic59

Well i was just thinking about doing suspension and wheels. I was thinking it would look good as a v6 with goodies under the hood. i know what im going to do. I was up last night working on some ideas. But thanks for the help.

Rachael
Old 10-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Colvindesign
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangchic59

Sooooooooo today I went to the guy thats going to work on my car and he laid the bad news out on me good. He said that sence my car is a V6 and we was going to put a V6 procharger on it and all. That hes has talk to some other people and we aren't going to do it. So there goes all those ideas. Now, I have two options I can rather do an engine swap or work on the outside of the car with my new bumpers and everything or wait for the engine deal. Which one do yall think would be the better path to take.

Thanks for advice,
Rachael
Whoa, first of all, don't ever let this guy touch your car again. If he has the audacity to decide what you should or should not do to your car, then find a new wrench. You make the decisions for your car, not your mechanic.

Don't know what the deal is with "talkin to some other people" but they probably told him it was a waste of time or something, basically he was having doubts and his friends backed him up. Find some friends to help you out. I always ask friends for help when undertaking a big job, it makes it more fun and you know you can trust the person next to ya.

Where you located? big town small town? Maybe you can find someone on here to help you out, I mean don't just give up because some tool told you he didn't want to put a supercharger on your 6. Do it yourself with some friends and do a burnout in front of him.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:27 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i agree. im sure you probably have some guy friends who like to, if not work on cars for a living, or a b/f, or husband maybe who knows about cars and know how to work on 'em. everywhere ive read said a normal s/c installation takes 8-12hrs. so, its probably just all the wires and everything that takes so long to hook it up. just like everything else......take your time, read the instructions, and everything should go alright. but, either way, good luck on what you decide(d).
Old 10-18-2004, 01:31 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

I hate to tell you guys but not all males of the species are qualified to work on cars! Some I wouldn't let get near mine and some wouldn't want to get near one either, afraid they might get their hands dirty or something like that! Too damn many computer freaks out there nowadays and not enough mechanical oriented guys. One suggestion I haven't seen yet is to check out the local vocational high school auto classes to see if they could assist you in something like this. From what I've seen about them, they are usually looking for cars to work on as part of their hands-on training so you might want to give them a look see.

Quick Reply: Bad NEWS....