General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hand brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:21 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hand brake

yea maybe the cable has loosened upp on u...i dunno if it can or not but check that
Old 10-19-2004, 01:24 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

u gotta yank the wheel when you pull the brake, the two combined will lock up the tires
Old 10-19-2004, 05:52 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

your axles will love ya
Old 10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Wahoo for more people who have yet to learn the joys of the ..................
Old 10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Choppa

if youve never done it before then i think youre missing out theres no reason to do it its for fun same reason you do burnouts and donuts i could do it in my first car (intrepid) and i could get that thing spinnin especially in the rain i just want to kno if mustang are set up so this wont happen and ive popped the clutch to do a 180 but its kinda hard to do that doing 30 mph but thanx ill look into stronger cable and better brakes
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything but... I don't do burnouts for fun. I do them to heat my tires for racing. Donuts? Never did a donut for fun either. Once in the middle of winter I did one in a old chevy but it still wasn't fun 30 MPH down a 2 lane highway. Having little to no control over my car doesn't sound "fun" to me. Maybe it's just me though.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:51 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: vfast

your axles will love ya
hopefully the c-clips will love ya too
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Grimace5.0

if youve never done it before then i think youre missing out theres no reason to do it its for fun same reason you do burnouts and donuts i could do it in my first car (intrepid) and i could get that thing spinnin especially in the rain i just want to kno if mustang are set up so this wont happen and ive popped the clutch to do a 180 but its kinda hard to do that doing 30 mph but thanx ill look into stronger cable and better brakes
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything but... I don't do burnouts for fun. I do them to heat my tires for racing. Donuts? Never did a donut for fun either. Once in the middle of winter I did one in a old chevy but it still wasn't fun 30 MPH down a 2 lane highway. Having little to no control over my car doesn't sound "fun" to me. Maybe it's just me though.

I dont mean to sound like I know EVERYTHING but... I have just as much control over my car when doing donuts as I do when its in park or driving in a straight line @ 60 mph. What are you trying to say?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: Grimace5.0

I dont mean to sound like I know EVERYTHING but... I have just as much control over my car when doing donuts as I do when its in park or driving in a straight line @ 60 mph. What are you trying to say?
[sm=smiley24.gif]ok.
What I'm trying to say is that in my opinion doing donuts and burnouts "for fun" is reckless and immature.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:21 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I suppose im reckless and immature... its so much fun!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:22 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

So you mean to tell me that if I go to a empty parking lot of a shut down Piggly Wiggly and spin some donuts with no one in the car and no one around for five miles in either direction that its unsafe? Makes no sense to me. There is always a safe way to do anything you do in your car. You just have to have common sense and the common courtesy to do it in a controlled state and not in the middle of an intersection.

Quick Reply: Hand brake