General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hand brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hand brake

I'm not familiar with a "Piggly Wiggly" but I'm right with ya on the empty lot part.

What I'm getting at is this. If you are caught by a LEO your probably going to be ticketed for "reckless driving" or "exhibition driving". In the grand scheme of things what does this do to our hobby? We have all read or heard the stories of kids getting killed street racing. I'd be wiiling to bet in some states there will be legislation and stiffer fines imposed. The more people do burnouts and all that, the more the local PD will be watching for it.

As was stated above, this is only my opinion.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:59 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

imn with daniel on this one... there is a way to do controlled donuts....just take the rigth precautions....and in doing a donut this way u pretty much have full control of your car
Old 10-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Grimace5.0

ORIGINAL: Choppa

if youve never done it before then i think youre missing out theres no reason to do it its for fun same reason you do burnouts and donuts i could do it in my first car (intrepid) and i could get that thing spinnin especially in the rain i just want to kno if mustang are set up so this wont happen and ive popped the clutch to do a 180 but its kinda hard to do that doing 30 mph but thanx ill look into stronger cable and better brakes
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything but... I don't do burnouts for fun. I do them to heat my tires for racing. Donuts? Never did a donut for fun either. Once in the middle of winter I did one in a old chevy but it still wasn't fun 30 MPH down a 2 lane highway. Having little to no control over my car doesn't sound "fun" to me. Maybe it's just me though.

I think it is just you.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

There is a time and a place for everything and an empty parking lot is a place to have a little fun, doing donuts and burnouts and e-brake 180s are all fun to me some people like drag racing some like offroading this is nothing immature you can definately have control when doing a donut or a 180 that is like saying (and many americans did when it came over)that drifting is a reckless and stupid sport but they are ignorant of the facts. it take alot of control to drift i have been working on it and you its nothing aht comes easy if you have a rear wheel drive car and havent done a donut then i think youre missing out all this stuff ive been talking about does take skill and timing and you need control over youre car now i would never do it in the middle of the day in the street that would just be stupid So find a nice lot i prefer freshly resurfaced blacktop it seems to be the easiest to slide on wet or dry and go have sum fun i think its a blast see wat you can do and you cant get a ticket on private property so as long as your not at a park any parking lot will be safe from the police its all a personal prefernce and doing all this stuff happens to be mine