General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 03:26 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default HELP!

I have a 2007 Mustang GT, and I recently purchased and installed a CIA/Tuner from brenspeed. They have been very professional and fair. I have a problem now that maybe some of you have gone through and could use any help you can give me. I have been going between four different tunes hoping to find what I like best. But I have an appointment next weekto have the car worked on at the dealership, so today I hooked up the programmer and re-installed the car back to its stock tune. I started the car and immediately felt a difference, and driving about 3 blocks the car began to run very rough and started to stall. I got it started again and driving home, Iaccelerated between 2nd and 3rd and when it tried to shift the car went into very high rpm's and acted like I was riding the clutch. But I have an automatic transmission. Is my computer trashed? Or, is my tuner trashed?
When I got home Iwent ahead and installed theupgraded tune, and went out for another test drive. It seemed to be running fine, shifting correctly, but still not running like it did when I first installed the new upgrade tune.
Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated, I am really sick over how bad my new car is running.

Thank you,
Keith
Old 02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!

For anyone who may have read my previous post. I talked to Brent at brenspeed, and what was wrong was that I did not re-install my factory air breather. I left my CAI on the car and that is suppose to be my problem. I am glad it is nothing serious. Easy fix. Happy driver!

Keith
Old 02-17-2007, 05:32 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

the dealership dont care about a tune, so you can leave it alone next time.

yes i did that on a 4.6, is very sensitive, the breather tube, etc any hose that has something to do with vacumm, will make it run like that
Old 02-18-2007, 01:15 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

thank you for your reply aode06,

Keith