General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HOLY **** ONE SCARY MOMENT

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 AM
98Stang351w

Default RE: HOLY **** ONE SCARY MOMENT

ORIGINAL: DaGGer

ok well i was driving down the road right and i started to hear a noise coming from the wheels when i turned and when i got to my house i checked everything out and found that the lug nuts had come lose...lose enough so that i could turn them with my own hand easy..what a scary moment...i mean i could have been is a huge accident if they had come off...any one know of a reason why they might have done this..other than the fact that they might not have been tight enough before..i just did a brake job and put them on pretty tight
Have you had anything done that required taking your wheels off recently they recommend re-tourqing them after 25-50 miles after having anything done and yes put the torque at 100-115 pounds, someone was telling me a story about their wheel falling off just tonight and it going acroos traffic and everything. I can't really think of why they would come loose like that out of no where unless someone doesn't like you and loosed them when you wasn't looking but unless you don't have wheel locks.....
Old 11-01-2004, 12:35 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well i acually had just done my brakes and everything..but i mean i put them on tight..they shouldn't have come off...but who cares now...they are on and they are fine....because i basicly put all of my body weight on them(by the way thats 210 lbs) so they shouldn't be coming off anytime soon...maybe a little to much but it was a scary thing to happen...i wouldn't have cared as much but my girl friend was in the car...so thats the main reason it was scary...I LOVE HER SO MUCH (sry just a love struck man)
Old 11-01-2004, 06:48 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I saw some guy lose his back wheel on the highway in front of me. I didn't know wheels could jump so high when they hit a curb. It looked like it could have jumped over a 2 story building.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:39 AM
tb03gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Isaac

I saw some guy lose his back wheel on the highway in front of me. I didn't know wheels could jump so high when they hit a curb. It looked like it could have jumped over a 2 story building.
my friend drives a 99 f150 with 44's on it and he was on the way back from a ride and his wheel came off on I-59, another friend of mine was with him he said it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to him, luckily they didnt roll over or anything.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:54 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tb03gt

ORIGINAL: Isaac

my friend drives a 99 f150 with 44's on it and he was on the way back from a ride and his wheel came off on I-59, another friend of mine was with him he said it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to him, luckily they didnt roll over or anything.
Really? This happened on Interstate 59, & it was a Ford truck. Well not really, this was a Grand Prix on route 13
Old 11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
svtcobras.com

We ahd a family friend killed about two years ago from a wheel coming off a car and going thru the windshield.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:48 PM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

ya ur lucky as hell...but check tightness and...it could have been the vibration of the road or somethin..but also could have been a number of things

Do you have any enemies???