General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diablo Tuner Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 11:29 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablo Tuner Forum

Anyone know of a good forum(s) for people with Diablo tuners? I am going to buy one, but don't want to use one of their base tunes right away. I don't need to be running 91 octane and just want to adjust a few things and would like to be educated. The forums are usually a good place. An example is that I have no idea what the advantage to adjust shift firmness (I have an auto) of my transmission would be or how much to push it...etc Stuff like this could get answered.

Thanks,
Ceyko
Old 11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Diablo Tuner Form

well you do want the program for 91 octage for it to advance your timing for a few more hp...you can however use 89 with that mod as I do in my truck
Old 11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
propellerhead
2nd Gear Member

I've been in the market for a programmer. Either a Diablo Predator or an SCT Xcalibrator. Go read www.ford-trucks.com for Diablo Predator stuff and www.modulardepot.com for Xcalibrator stuff. You'll probably see a bunch of my posts there.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:44 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

why not get a tweecer..that way you can make changes as your mod list grows
Old 11-01-2004, 07:59 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Tuner Forum

not familiar with a tweecer, but I'll check it out. However, wouldn't you be able to do the same thing with the diablo predator? They have premade tunes, but you can manipulate the other settings I think.

Ceyko
Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

www.tweecer.com
Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Whoa man, it looks like I could really fudge some stuff up with that thing man. Looking at it, there is no simple stuff for it and it looks very complicated. I guess I'd rather have less functionality and be safe rather then have more functionality and screw my car up badly. Might have to stick with somewhat idiot proof things like the Diablo tuner or the MicroTuner.

Thanks for the reference, but that gadget looks out of my league. (Although I like the idea of using a laptop as opposed to a cookie cutter handheld.)

Take care,
Ceyko
Old 11-02-2004, 01:32 AM
GT00_80
1st Gear Member

Been in the market for a tuner for a while myself. I have been thinking that the diablo looked good, but havn't bought it yet. Meybe I can pick up some valuable info too.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

As an FYI, I email diablo's tech support about the 87 octane tune. They were very general in response and basically said that they don't support 87 octane with their cookie cutter load and that a 120 dollar (not including the 35 dollars kit for the pc) custom tune would be needed to use 87 octane.

I guess maybe I can ask my questions here and get better answers.

1. I want to use the tuner to improve my automatic transmission characteristics. This should not require better gas. Based off the screen shots, you can adjust shift firmness. What is the advantage to making it firmer as opposed to looser? What are the disadvantages.

2. Has anyone had experience with the MicroTuner AND the Diablosport Predator? I know the Microtuner has some built in tunes for 87 and higher gas. I just don't know if you can get good custom tunes - one day I'll have a SC.

3. Has anyone used the Diablosport Predator higher octane tune, running 87 octane in a Mustang? I don't really want to pay 120 for a custom tune until I have some more stuff on my car.

Maybe others have the same questions, so hopefully this will be a useful thread.

Take care ya'll, and thanks for the previous posts and any future.

Ceyko
Old 11-02-2004, 11:27 PM
GT00_80
1st Gear Member

I can answer the question about shift firmness. Ever heard of a shift kit? It'll do about the same thing. When your auto tranny shifts it is relatavely smooth. With a shift kit, or the diablo shift firmness tune, your shifts will be much harder. Much like speed shifting in a manual or dumping the clutch. bottom line is you feel mure thump between gears.

Quick Reply: Diablo Tuner Forum