General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dealing with Prestige Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
mattk
1st Gear Member

Default Dealing with Prestige Mustang

I ordered a used back seat for my '97 convertible from Prestige Mustang in the black/gray cloth upholstery. They told me it was a rare interior option and the only one they had needed repair on the bottom section due to a rat hole. I received it and took it to the upholstery shop for repair, $130 later I got it back. I had already put in the top section a few weeks back after I received it, I went to put in the bottom and guess what, it doesn't fit, they sent me the top section for a convert and the bottom for a coupe! I called and explained the situation, they told me they would try to findthe correct bottom, but didn't think they had it. I asked if they would give me a refund in the amount to get the coupe cover to fit the convert (theylook almost exactly alike, but the coupe bottom is about8 inches wider). I was told they don't give refunds on used parts, only store credit. I explained that I don't need any more used parts and this was their mistake, not mine and I spent $70 for them to ship the wrong part! I was told I should've done a trial fit first, I expained that I had no reason to doubt the bottom since the top was right and the upholstery matched. I was told store credit was their policy period. The guy I was dealing with also told me he didn't know there was a difference between a coupe and convert back seat! I asked him why anyone should do business with them if we can't count on them sending the right parts and if they won't own up to their mistakes, he said he'd call me tomorrow. I'll post theoutcome here, if they don't make things right I would highly recommend not doing business with them. If they make things right I'll post it here, so I guess we'll wait and see. We all make mistakes, but we also have the responsibility to make things right.
Matt
Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealing with Prestige Mustang

[:@]

Tell them to give you a refund or you'll get your lawyer involved. "Store credit" only applies if you buy something & just don't like it, not if they send you the wrong part. Put your foot down & don't take any crap from them