General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DO NOT DEAL WITH PRESTIGE MUSTANG! (update)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
mattk
1st Gear Member

Default DO NOT DEAL WITH PRESTIGE MUSTANG! (update)

This is an update to yesterdays post about Prestige Mustang, Clarkston, Ga.(www.prestigemustang.com) sending me a backseat that was 1/2 coupe and 1/2 convert. I was told they would try to find me a bottom for a convert in the same upholstery, today I called back and was told they didn't have one, but they would send me a bottom with different upholstery ( I would have to spend my money to get it reupholstered to match). I explained that wouldn't help since I still have my original bottomin leather, I bought their's because it was cheaper than getting mine reupholstered and their's had the right upholstery. All I was looking for was a partial refund to cover having to go to the upholstery shop to get the coupe bottom upholstery they sent modified to fit the convert seat. I was told again they only offer "store credit" I explained again that I don't need any more parts, and this was their mistake not mine and they should make things right. Todd, the owner told me they gave me the bottom free bacause it had a big hole in it (that cost me $130 to get fixed). He said they only charged me $100, when they usually get $200 (I'm sure seat bottoms with holes have a huge resale value).Finally I told Todd I wouldwarn you guys about his business practices, he told me to "Go F%$K Yourself" and that everyone loves his business. (I never raised my voice and never swore at him)I'd stay away from theseguys, they don't send the right parts and they don't make things right.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: DO NOT DEAL WITH PRESTIGE MUSTANG! (update)

Guess I wont be doing business with them. I;ll stick to he companies I know a bit better.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
p1bigun
2nd Gear Member

i appreciate th heads up and believe i was considering a few things of theirs on ebay thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
benz660r
2nd Gear Member

now let this thread go a few days and send it to him.... i know he lost my business!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

Believe it or not you don't really have to take crap from jerk outfits that rip you off...and you have the upper hand....make sure that you always use a credit card whenever you buy anything, be it online or at your local wally world...if you are ripped off you just have to phone the 1-800 number on the back of your card and initiate a chargeback.

...if you used cash or debit...you are at the mercy of the retailer and the ball will be in their court...don't give them the satisfaction.

...oh..and you will get the total purchase price back...including the shipping....no matter what the retailers policy is....the credit card company policy supercedes anything that the retailers put in small print.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Good to know, thanks!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
all4ford
1st Gear Member

I have bought a couple different things off them and had no problems and price was great for used, but if they are going to be ****** to one they are to all. I guess i will try stangparts.net (mpsautosalvage)
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
mattk
1st Gear Member

The crazy thing is I was only asking for a partial refund (like $50) to help cover the cost of having the upholstery shop modify the coupe cover to fit the conv. seat. They offered to send me a conv seat bottom with different upholstery, with what they would've paid to ship that they could've just paid me instead and everyone would've been satisfied. I don't think I was out of line at alland I definately didn'tdeserve to be told to f%$k myself. Well I guess I learned a lesson here, hopefully by me telling everyone about them I can save some of you guysfrom the same thing and maybe cost them some business.

Matt
Old 03-09-2007, 03:11 PM
atlunlimited

This is very strange. I have to beleivethere must be more to this story. I buy parts from www.prestigemustang.comon a monthly basis (and have for years)I have even bought several things from them on ebay. They have always given me excellent service and great parts. They are very good people to know if you own a Mustang!

Sound like you should have tried to put the seat into your car before you had it upholstered and the situation would have been avoided. I know for a fact that Prestige Mustang is a good company to deal with and they do treat their customers well.

Quick Reply: DO NOT DEAL WITH PRESTIGE MUSTANG! (update)